A Sweet 16 battle features the No. 1 seed Arizona Wildcats (33-3) playing as 2-point favorites against the No. 5 seed Houston Cougars (31-6) on Thursday at AT&T Center. The NCAA Tournament contest tips off at 9:59 PM on TBS, with the winner moving on to the South Regional Region bracket final.
Arizona vs. Houston Predictions
Arizona vs. Houston Betting Odds
Arizona vs. Houston Last 10 Games
- Arizona is 10-0 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Arizona and its opponents have hit the over in nine of those 10 games.
- The Wildcats’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 147.8 points scored. That’s 2.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Wildcats are scoring at a rate equal to their season-long scoring average.
- Houston has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Houston games have surpassed the set total three times.
- The past 10 Cougars games averaged 11.2 fewer points (133.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Cougars have scored 0.7 more points per contest compared to their 73.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Arizona vs. Houston Betting Trends
- Arizona has covered the spread 21 times over 39 games with a set spread.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 20-16-1 when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- Games involving Arizona have hit the over 24 times out of 39 chances this season.
- The Wildcats average 27.2 more points per game (84.6) than the Cougars give up (57.4).
- Arizona is 18-12-1 against the spread and 28-3 overall when scoring more than 57.4 points.
- Houston is 27-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- This year, Houston’s games have hit the over 17 times out of 40 chances.
- The Cougars score 5.8 more points per game (73.7) than the Wildcats give up (67.9).
- Houston is 17-7 against the spread and 22-2 overall when it scores more than 67.9 points.
Arizona vs. Houston Over/Under Trends
- This season, Arizona and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 145 points 27 times.
- This season, 11 of Houston’s games have ended with a score higher than 145 points.
- The point total for the game of 145 is 13.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (84.6 points per game) and the Cougars (73.7 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 19.7 fewer points than the 125.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Wildcats have seen a 148.7 average over/under in their games this season, 3.7 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Cougars games have an over/under of 133.4 points this season, 11.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Arizona Team Leaders
- Bennedict Mathurin: 17.8 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (81-for-218)
- Christian Koloko: 12.7 PTS, 7.4 REB, 2.8 BLK, 64.2 FG%
- Azuolas Tubelis: 14.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 55.2 FG%, 27 3PT% (10-for-37)
- Dalen Terry: 7.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 49.5 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (26-for-74)
- Kerr Kriisa: 9.9 PTS, 35.4 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (79-for-231)
Houston Team Leaders
- Kyler Edwards: 13.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.5 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (93-for-277)
- Fabian White Jr.: 13 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.4 BLK, 49.7 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (49-for-127)
- Jamal Shead: 9.8 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.7 STL, 41.3 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (34-for-111)
- Josh Carlton: 11.8 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 62.1 FG%
- Taze Moore: 10.5 PTS, 1.6 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (42-for-132)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.