The No. 3 seed Purdue Boilermakers (28-7) and the No. 6 seed Texas Longhorns (22-11) play in the NCAA Tournament second round, both looking to earn a trip to the Sweet 16 of the East Regional Region bracket when they meet on Sunday at Fiserv Forum, beginning at 8:40 PM. Purdue is a 3.5-point favorite in the Round of 32 matchup.
Purdue vs. Texas Predictions
Purdue vs. Texas Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Texas Last 10 Games
- Purdue covered the spread twice in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The Boilermakers and their opponents have combined to hit the over twice in those games.
- The last 10 Boilermakers games averaged 142.8 total points, 8.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Boilermakers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 9.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Texas has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Texas games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The last 10 Longhorns games averaged 129.8 total points, 4.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Longhorns are scoring 69.9 points per game compared to their 68.7 season average.
Purdue vs. Texas Betting Trends
- Purdue is 15-20-1 against the spread this season.
- The Boilermakers are 12-17-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Purdue have hit the over 18 times out of 36 chances this season.
- The Boilermakers put up 79.7 points per game, 19.7 more points than the 60 the Longhorns give up.
- Purdue has a 12-14-1 record against the spread and a 25-5 record overall when putting up more than 60 points.
- Texas has covered the spread in a game 13 times this year (13-19-0).
- The Longhorns have not covered the spread (0-4) when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- This year, 15 of Texas’ games have gone over the point total out of 32 chances.
- The Longhorns score only 0.3 more points per game (68.7) than the Boilermakers allow their opponents to score (68.4).
- Texas has put together a 9-5 ATS record and a 12-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.4 points.
Purdue vs. Texas Over/Under Trends
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Sunday’s total of 134.5 points 28 times this season.
- In Texas’ 32 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s total of 134.5.
- The Boilermakers average 79.7 points per game against the Longhorns’ 68.7, amounting to 13.9 points over the game’s point total of 134.5.
- This game’s over/under is 6.1 fewer points than the 128.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Boilermakers games is 145 points, 10.5 more than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.3 points separates this contest’s over/under (134.5 points) and the average total points bet in Longhorns’ games (130.2 points) this season.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Jaden Ivey: 17.6 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (61-for-169)
- Zach Edey: 14.6 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 BLK, 65.1 FG%
- Trevion Williams: 11.6 PTS, 7.4 REB, 54.1 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (5-for-14)
- Sasha Stefanovic: 10.5 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (84-for-218)
- Mason Gillis: 6.4 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (36-for-83)
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 12.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.3 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (4-for-15)
- Marcus Carr: 11 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (43-for-131)
- Andrew Jones: 11.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.1 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (54-for-168)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.5 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (48-for-136)
- Christian Bishop: 6.9 PTS, 59.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.