The No. 4 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (23-9) are 4.5-point underdogs in their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 5 seed Houston Cougars (30-6) on Sunday at 12:10 PM. The winner advances to the Sweet 16 in the South Regional Region bracket.
Houston vs. Illinois Predictions
Houston vs. Illinois Betting Odds
Houston vs. Illinois Last 10 Games
- Houston has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread nine times in those games.
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Cougars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 134.3 points scored. That’s 0.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 1.5 points higher than their season-long average.
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Illinois games have gone over the set total four times.
- The past 10 Fighting Illini games averaged seven more points (140.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Fighting Illini have scored three fewer points per contest compared to their 75.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Houston vs. Illinois Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread 25 times over 37 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Cougars went 23-11 against the spread.
- Houston games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 38 chances this season.
- The 73.9 points per game the Cougars score are 6.7 more points than the Fighting Illini allow (67.2).
- When Houston totals more than 67.2 points, it is 17-7 against the spread and 22-2 overall.
- Illinois has covered the spread 13 times this year (13-18-0).
- The Fighting Illini have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs (0-1).
- Illinois games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Fighting Illini’s 75.1 points per game are 17.5 more points than the 57.6 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- Illinois is 13-14 against the spread and 21-7 overall when it scores more than 57.6 points.
Houston vs. Illinois Over/Under Trends
- This season, Houston games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 133.5-point total 16 times.
- This season, 20 games Illinois played finished with a combined score higher than 133.5 points.
- The Cougars average 73.9 points per game against the Fighting Illini’s 75.1, totaling 15.5 points over the game’s point total of 133.5.
- The 124.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 8.7 fewer than the 133.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Cougars games is 133.4 points, 0.1 fewer than the over/under of 133.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.2 points separates the average total points bet in Fighting Illini’s games (141.7 points) and this matchup’s over/under (133.5 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Kyler Edwards: 13.9 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (89-for-265)
- Fabian White Jr.: 13.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.5 BLK, 50.6 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (48-for-122)
- Jamal Shead: 9.5 PTS, 6 AST, 1.6 STL, 40.8 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (33-for-109)
- Josh Carlton: 12 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 62.1 FG%
- Taze Moore: 10.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.7 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (42-for-129)
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 21 PTS, 10.7 REB, 59.5 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 11.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 39.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (62-for-186)
- Alfonso Plummer: 14.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (96-for-233)
- Jacob Grandison: 9.9 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 41 3PT% (55-for-134)
- Da’Monte Williams: 4 PTS, 30.9 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.