The No. 2 seed Duke Blue Devils (29-6) are set to take on the No. 7 seed Michigan State Spartans (23-12) with a Sweet 16 berth in the West Regional Region of the bracket on the line on Sunday at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. Duke is a 6.5-point favorite to advance in this second round matchup.
Duke vs. Michigan State Predictions
Duke vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
Duke vs. Michigan State Last 10 Games
- Duke has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Duke and its opponents have hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Blue Devils games averaged 0.2 more points (144.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Blue Devils have scored 1.7 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Michigan State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Michigan State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Spartans games averaged 140.4 total points, 3.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Spartans have a 71.2 points-per-game average, 0.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Duke vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Duke is 18-17-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Blue Devils went 13-13-1 against the spread.
- Duke’s games have gone over the total 20 times out of 36 chances this season.
- The 80.1 points per game the Blue Devils record are 11.5 more points than the Spartans give up (68.6).
- Duke has a 17-8-1 record against the spread and a 23-3 record overall when putting up more than 68.6 points.
- Michigan State has covered the spread 19 times over 34 games with a set spread.
- The Spartans have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 20 of Michigan State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Spartans put up 5.1 more points per game (72.1) than the Blue Devils allow (67).
- Michigan State has put together a 13-8 ATS record and a 17-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67 points.
Duke vs. Michigan State Over/Under Trends
- Duke and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 144 points 19 times this season.
- A total of 17 of Michigan State’s games ended with a combined score higher than 144 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 144 is 8.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Blue Devils (80.1 points per game) and the Spartans (72.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is 8.4 fewer points than the 135.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Blue Devils have seen a 145.7 over/under in their games this season, 1.7 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.3 points more than the average over/under in Spartans’ games this season (139.7 points).
Duke Team Leaders
- Paolo Banchero: 17 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.5 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (36-for-115)
- Wendell Moore: 13.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.7 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (50-for-121)
- Mark Williams: 11.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 2.8 BLK, 71.2 FG%
- Trevor Keels: 11.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.3 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (50-for-158)
- AJ Griffin: 10.4 PTS, 50 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (65-for-142)
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.1 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 54 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (15-for-38)
- Gabe Brown: 11.4 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (69-for-185)
- A.J Hoggard: 7 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 21.9 3PT% (7-for-32)
- Malik Hall: 9.1 PTS, 52.2 FG%, 43.3 3PT% (29-for-67)
- Tyson Walker: 8.1 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 47.8 3PT% (33-for-69)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.