The No. 5 seed Saint Mary’s Gaels (26-7) are 3.5-point underdogs in their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 4 seed UCLA Bruins (27-7) on Saturday at 7:10 PM. The winner advances to the Sweet 16 in the East Regional Region bracket.
UCLA vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Predictions
UCLA vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Odds
UCLA vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Last 10 Games
- UCLA covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- UCLA and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bruins games averaged 9.6 more points (136.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Bruins have scored 0.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Saint Mary’s (CA)’s past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Gaels games averaged 7.6 more points (134.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Gaels’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 71.7, 1.6 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
UCLA vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Trends
- UCLA is 18-15-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Bruins have gone 16-11-1 against the spread.
- This season, 17 of UCLA’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 73.6 points per game the Bruins put up are 13.3 more points than the Gaels give up (60.3).
- When UCLA puts up more than 60.3 points, it is 16-12-1 against the spread and 22-6 overall.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has covered the spread 21 times this year (21-13-1).
- The Gaels are 1-3-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Saint Mary’s (CA) have hit the over 17 times out of 35 chances this year.
- The Gaels put up an average of 70.1 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 62.6 the Bruins give up to opponents.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) is 14-6 against the spread and 20-1 overall when it scores more than 62.6 points.
UCLA vs. Saint Mary’s (CA) Over/Under Trends
- This season, UCLA games have hit the over on this game’s 126.5-point total 26 times.
- In Saint Mary’s (CA)’s 35 games this season, 22 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 126.5.
- The over/under for the contest of 126.5 is 17.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bruins (73.6 points per game) and the Gaels (70.1 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 3.6 fewer points than the 122.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Bruins have seen a 139 over/under in their games this season, 12.5 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Gaels’ games this season (131 points).
UCLA Team Leaders
- Jaime Jaquez Jr.: 14 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (21-for-73)
- Jules Bernard: 12.7 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (51-for-156)
- Tyger Campbell: 11.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.7 FG%, 42 3PT% (50-for-119)
- Johnny Juzang: 15.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (43-for-120)
- Myles Johnson: 3.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 62 FG%
Saint Mary’s (CA) Team Leaders
- Matthias Tass: 12.6 PTS, 55.5 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Logan Johnson: 11.8 PTS, 2 STL, 44 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (25-for-83)
- Tommy Kuhse: 12.2 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 47.1 3PT% (48-for-102)
- Alex Ducas: 10.3 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 39 3PT% (64-for-164)
- Kyle Bowen: 5.7 PTS, 47.5 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (40-for-102)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.