The No. 4 seed Providence Friars (26-5) are 2.5-point favorites to advance to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament when they play the No. 12 seed Richmond Spiders (24-12) on Saturday at 6:10 PM.
Providence vs. Richmond Predictions
Providence vs. Richmond Betting Odds
Providence vs. Richmond Last 10 Games
- Providence has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Providence’s last 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Friars’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 133.6 points scored. That’s 0.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Friars’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 1.4 points higher than their season-long average.
- Richmond is 8-2 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Richmond games have gone over the set total four times.
- The Spiders’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 137.1 points scored. That’s 2.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Spiders’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 66.5, 5.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Providence vs. Richmond Betting Trends
- Providence has covered the spread 16 times over 30 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Friars are 7-11 against the spread.
- This season, 16 of Providence’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Friars record 71.6 points per game, only 3.5 more points than the 68.1 the Spiders give up.
- Providence is 10-7 against the spread and 17-2 overall when scoring more than 68.1 points.
- Richmond has covered the spread 17 times this year (17-18-1).
- The Spiders are 5-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Richmond have hit the over 15 times this year.
- The Spiders’ 71.6 points per game are only 4.9 more points than the 66.7 the Friars give up.
- When it scores more than 66.7 points, Richmond is 11-11-1 against the spread and 16-7 overall.
Providence vs. Richmond Over/Under Trends
- This season, 15 of Providence’s 31 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 134.5 points.
- In Richmond’s 36 games this season, 19 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 134.5.
- The Friars average 71.6 points per game against the Spiders’ 71.6, amounting to 8.7 points over the game’s over/under of 134.5.
- The 134.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.3 more than the 134.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Friars have seen a 135.4 over/under in their games this season, 0.9 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 6.4 points separates the average total points bet in Spiders’ games (140.9 points) and this contest’s over/under (134.5 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.7 PTS, 8.3 REB, 44.8 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (55-for-138)
- Nate Watson: 13.6 PTS, 55.5 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.3 PTS, 34.6 FG%, 21.9 3PT% (23-for-105)
- Jared Bynum: 12.7 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (42-for-101)
- Justin Minaya: 6.5 PTS, 41 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (31-for-99)
Richmond Team Leaders
- Jacob Gilyard: 13.6 PTS, 5.4 AST, 3 STL, 40 FG%, 37 3PT% (94-for-254)
- Tyler Burton: 16.4 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.4 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (56-for-151)
- Grant Golden: 13.8 PTS, 50.6 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (23-for-81)
- Nathan Cayo: 8.9 PTS, 54.6 FG%
- Matt Grace: 4.1 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (25-for-84)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.