The No. 8 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (25-9) are 5.5-point underdogs in their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 1 seed Baylor Bears (27-6) on Saturday at 12:10 PM. The winner advances to the Sweet 16 in the East Regional Region bracket.
Baylor vs. North Carolina Predictions
Baylor vs. North Carolina Betting Odds
Baylor vs. North Carolina Last 10 Games
- Baylor covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Baylor games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Bears games averaged 136.8 total points, 12.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Bears have scored 2.7 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- North Carolina is 8-2 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- North Carolina’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Tar Heels games averaged 4.8 fewer points (144.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Tar Heels have a 74.8 points-per-game average, 3.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Baylor vs. North Carolina Betting Trends
- Baylor has covered the spread 17 times over 33 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 5.5 points or more, the Bears have gone 12-11-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Baylor have hit the over 18 times this season.
- The Bears put up 5.3 more points per game (76.8) than the Tar Heels allow (71.5).
- When Baylor puts up more than 71.5 points, it is 13-9-1 against the spread and 21-2 overall.
- North Carolina has compiled an 18-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Tar Heels have an ATS record of 1-1.
- North Carolina’s games have gone over the total 20 times out of 35 chances this season.
- The Tar Heels put up an average of 78 points per game, 14.8 more points than the 63.2 the Bears allow.
- North Carolina is 15-12-1 against the spread and 22-7 overall when it scores more than 63.2 points.
Baylor vs. North Carolina Over/Under Trends
- Baylor and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (149.5 points) eight times this season.
- This season, 19 games North Carolina played finished with a combined score over 149.5 points.
- The Bears average 76.8 points per game against the Tar Heels’ 78, amounting to 5.3 points over the matchup’s over/under of 149.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 134.7 points per game, 14.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Bears games is 138.6 points, 10.9 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of two points separates this contest’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Tar Heels’ games (147.5 points) this season.
Baylor Team Leaders
- James Akinjo: 13.3 PTS, 5.8 AST, 2 STL, 38.8 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (40-for-132)
- Matthew Mayer: 9.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (42-for-131)
- Adam Flagler: 13.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.1 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (72-for-183)
- Kendall Brown: 9.8 PTS, 59.4 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
- Jeremy Sochan: 9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 48.7 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (23-for-76)
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.5 PTS, 12.4 REB, 1.6 BLK, 59.3 FG%
- Brady Manek: 14.8 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (81-for-207)
- Caleb Love: 15.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (80-for-213)
- RJ Davis: 13 PTS, 44 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (58-for-153)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 5 PTS, 48 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (15-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.