The 10th-seeded San Francisco Dons (24-9) will attempt to pull off a first-round NCAA Tournament upset against the No. 7 seed Murray State Racers (30-2) on Thursday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. The contest begins at 9:40 PM on CBS. San Francisco is a 1.5-point underdog in the game. Here’s what you need to know before filling out your brackets for this 7-10 matchup in the East Regional Region.
Murray State vs. San Francisco Predictions
Murray State vs. San Francisco Betting Odds
|Murray State||-1.5||137.5 points|
Murray State vs. San Francisco Last 10 Games
- Murray State has a 10-0 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Murray State’s last 10 outings saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Racers games averaged 139.4 total points, 1.9 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Racers have scored 6.1 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- San Francisco is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- San Francisco’s last 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Dons games averaged 7.9 more points (145.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Dons have a 78.3 points-per-game average, 1.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
Murray State vs. San Francisco Betting Trends
- Murray State has covered the spread 16 times over 29 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 1.5 points or more so far this season, the Racers went 14-11-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Murray State have hit the over 12 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The 79.3 points per game the Racers average are 12.3 more points than the Dons give up (67).
- Murray State is 14-6-1 against the spread and 24-0 overall when scoring more than 67 points.
- San Francisco is 15-18-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1.5 points or more so far this year, the Dons have gone 4-3 against the spread.
- San Francisco games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times this season.
- The Dons put up an average of 77.1 points per game, 14.8 more points than the 62.3 the Racers allow to opponents.
- San Francisco is 11-17 against the spread and 23-6 overall when it scores more than 62.3 points.
Murray State vs. San Francisco Over/Under Trends
- Murray State and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (137.5 points) 16 times this season.
- In San Francisco’s 33 games this season, 20 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 137.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 156.4 points per game, 18.9 points more than the over/under of 137.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 8.2 fewer points than the 129.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Racers games is 140.9 points, 3.4 more than the over/under of 137.5 points for this contest.
- Dons’ games have a total points bet of 142.4 points this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under for this game.
Murray State Team Leaders
- K.J. Williams: 18.2 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.5 STL, 54.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (35-for-104)
- Tevin Brown: 16.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.4 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (100-for-257)
- Justice Hill: 13.2 PTS, 5 AST, 1.1 STL, 42.9 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (58-for-163)
- Trae Hannibal: 8.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.1 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Damiree Burns: 5.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 58.3 FG%
San Francisco Team Leaders
- Jamaree Bouyea: 16.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 46.9 FG%, 37 3PT% (68-for-184)
- Yauhen Massalski: 13.5 PTS, 9.4 REB, 2.2 BLK, 59.6 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Khalil Shabazz: 14 PTS, 1.7 STL, 39.2 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (78-for-222)
- Gabe Stefanini: 9.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.8 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (49-for-137)
- Patrick Tape: 4.9 PTS, 57.8 FG%, 57.1 3PT% (4-for-7)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.