The No. 6 seed in the West Regional Region bracket, the Alabama Crimson Tide (19-13), and the No. 11 seed Notre Dame Fighting Irish (23-10) square off in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl, tipping off at 4:15 PM. Alabama is a 4-point favorite in the contest, which airs on TNT.
Alabama vs. Notre Dame Predictions
Alabama vs. Notre Dame Betting Odds
Alabama vs. Notre Dame Last 10 Games
- Alabama covered the spread three times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Alabama and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The Crimson Tide’s last 10 outings have ended with an average of 152.6 points scored. That’s 0.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Crimson Tide’s per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 3.1 points lower than their season-long average.
- Notre Dame is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Fighting Irish games averaged 136.2 total points, 16.8 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Fighting Irish are scoring 78.9 points per game compared to their 73 season average.
Alabama vs. Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Alabama is 11-21-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4 points or more, the Crimson Tide are 7-14 against the spread.
- This season, 22 of Alabama’s games have gone over the point total out of 33 chances.
- The Crimson Tide score 12.5 more points per game (80) than the Fighting Irish allow (67.5).
- When Alabama scores more than 67.5 points, it is 10-18 against the spread and 18-11 overall.
- Notre Dame has covered the spread 17 times in 33 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 4 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Irish have gone 4-3 against the spread.
- Notre Dame’s games have gone over the total 18 times this year.
- The Fighting Irish put up an average of 73 points per game, just 3.4 fewer points than the 76.4 the Crimson Tide give up.
- When it scores more than 76.4 points, Notre Dame is 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
Alabama vs. Notre Dame Over/Under Trends
- Alabama and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total (153 points) 22 times this season.
- Seven of Notre Dame’s games finished with a combined score over 153 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 153 points per game, equal to the point total of 153 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 143.9 points per game, 9.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Crimson Tide have seen a 152.5 average over/under in their games this season, 0.5 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 15.8 points more than the average over/under in Fighting Irish’s games this season (137.2 points).
Alabama Team Leaders
- Keon Ellis: 12 PTS, 1.9 STL, 43.4 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (63-for-177)
- Jaden Shackelford: 16.7 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (99-for-278)
- Jahvon Quinerly: 14.3 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (50-for-176)
- JD Davison: 8.5 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (24-for-82)
- Charles Bediako: 6.8 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 69.8 FG%
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Paul Atkinson: 12.8 PTS, 59.3 FG%
- Blake Wesley: 14.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.4 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (54-for-173)
- Dane Goodwin: 13.9 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 45.6 3PT% (67-for-147)
- Prentiss Hubb: 9.1 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (50-for-160)
- Nate Laszewski: 9.4 PTS, 52 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (54-for-117)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.