The No. 5 Saint Mary’s Gaels (25-7) and the No. 12 Indiana Hoosiers (21-13) will meet on Thursday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Saint Mary’s (CA) is favored by 2.5 points in the opening round matchup, which begins at 7:20 PM on TBS. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 5-12 matchup.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Indiana Predictions
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Indiana Betting Odds
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-2.5||126.5 points|
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Indiana Last 10 Games
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Saint Mary’s (CA) games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The Gaels’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 135.6 points scored. That’s 9.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Gaels are scoring 0.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Indiana is 5-5 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Indiana games have gone over the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Hoosiers games averaged 9.5 more points (136) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Hoosiers have scored 0.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 71.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Indiana Betting Trends
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has registered a 19-13-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Gaels are 13-7 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Saint Mary’s (CA) games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 33 chances this season.
- The Gaels score 69.8 points per game, just 4.1 more points than the 65.7 the Hoosiers allow.
- When Saint Mary’s (CA) scores more than 65.7 points, it is 14-6 against the spread and 20-1 overall.
- Indiana is 20-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hoosiers are 5-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This year, 16 of Indiana’s games have gone over the point total out of 33 chances.
- The Hoosiers put up an average of 71.3 points per game, 10.8 more points than the 60.5 the Gaels give up to opponents.
- Indiana is 15-9 against the spread and 18-8 overall when it scores more than 60.5 points.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Indiana Over/Under Trends
- This season, Saint Mary’s (CA) and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 126.5 points 20 times.
- In Indiana’s 33 games this season, 23 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s over/under of 126.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 141.1 points per game, 14.6 points more than the point total of 126.5 for this contest.
- The 126.2 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 0.3 fewer than the 126.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Gaels have seen a 131.4 average over/under in their games this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 10.8 points separates the average total points bet in Hoosiers’ games (137.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (126.5 points).
Saint Mary’s (CA) Team Leaders
- Matthias Tass: 12.6 PTS, 55.3 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Logan Johnson: 11.5 PTS, 2 STL, 43.3 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (24-for-82)
- Tommy Kuhse: 12 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 46.9 3PT% (45-for-96)
- Alex Ducas: 10.2 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (61-for-158)
- Kyle Bowen: 5.9 PTS, 47.5 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (40-for-102)
Indiana Team Leaders
- Trayce Jackson-Davis: 18.4 PTS, 8.2 REB, 2.4 BLK, 59.1 FG%
- Race Thompson: 11.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.1 STL, 54.4 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (15-for-54)
- Xavier Johnson: 12.2 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 40.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (36-for-94)
- Miller Kopp: 6.1 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (39-for-107)
- Parker Stewart: 6.3 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (52-for-133)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.