The No. 16 Texas Southern Tigers (18-12) are 22.5-point underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they face off against the top-seeded Kansas Jayhawks (28-6) on Thursday. Here are some insights into this 1-16 matchup in the Midwest Regional Region bracket that starts at 9:57 PM, live on truTV.
Kansas vs. Texas Southern Predictions
Kansas vs. Texas Southern Betting Odds
Kansas vs. Texas Southern Last 10 Games
- Kansas has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Kansas’ last 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The Jayhawks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 140.5 points scored. That’s four fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Jayhawks have scored 2.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Texas Southern is 10-0 overall and 5-3-1 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The Tigers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.2 points scored. That’s 12.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Tigers have scored 5.9 more points per contest compared to their 69.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Kansas vs. Texas Southern Betting Trends
- Kansas has covered the spread 18 times over 35 games with a set spread.
- The Jayhawks have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 22.5-point favorites.
- Kansas games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times out of 35 chances this season.
- The Jayhawks record 78.6 points per game, 13.1 more points than the 65.5 the Tigers allow.
- Kansas is 13-14 against the spread and 24-4 overall when scoring more than 65.5 points.
- Texas Southern has put together a record of 18-13-1 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 22.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Texas Southern’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 33 chances.
- The Tigers’ 69.2 points per game are only 1.1 more points than the 68.1 the Jayhawks give up.
- Texas Southern has put together a 7-6 ATS record and an 11-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.1 points.
Kansas vs. Texas Southern Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kansas and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 144.5 points 14 times.
- A total of 12 of Texas Southern’s games ended with a combined score higher than 144.5 points this season.
- The Jayhawks average 78.6 points per game against the Tigers’ 69.2, amounting to 3.3 points over the matchup’s over/under of 144.5.
- This matchup’s total is 10.9 fewer points than the 133.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Jayhawks have seen a 141.8 average over/under in their games this season, 2.7 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Tigers games have an over/under of 136.1 points this season, 8.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Kansas Team Leaders
- Christian Braun: 14.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.3 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (43-for-114)
- Ochai Agbaji: 19.7 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (92-for-227)
- David McCormack: 10.1 PTS, 7.1 REB, 49.2 FG%
- Jalen Wilson: 10.9 PTS, 7 REB, 49.2 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (26-for-92)
- Dajuan Harris: 5.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.5 FG%, 27.5 3PT% (14-for-51)
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Brison Gresham: 7.4 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 68 FG%
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.1 PTS, 57.1 FG%
- John Walker III: 9.7 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 41 3PT% (16-for-39)
- PJ Henry: 8.6 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Bryson Etienne: 8.5 PTS, 34.2 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (35-for-115)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.