The No. 2 seed Villanova Wildcats (26-7) are heavily favored (-15.5) to beat the No. 15 seed Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (22-12) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at PPG Paints Arena. The contest tips off at 2:45 PM. Here are some insights about this South Regional Region contest for those filling out their brackets.
Villanova vs. Delaware Predictions
Villanova vs. Delaware Betting Odds
Villanova vs. Delaware Last 10 Games
- Villanova covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Villanova games has gone over the set total four times.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 134.2 total points, 0.7 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Wildcats’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 4.0 points lower than their season-long average.
- Delaware covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens and their opponents have combined to hit the over twice in those games.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 142.0 points scored. That’s 8.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Fightin’ Blue Hens are scoring 71.7 points per game compared to their 73.8 season average.
Villanova vs. Delaware Betting Trends
- Villanova has registered a 17-16-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 4-3 when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites.
- Villanova’s games have gone over the total 16 times out of 35 chances this season.
- The Wildcats score 72.6 points per game, only 2.7 more points than the 69.9 the Fightin’ Blue Hens allow.
- Villanova is 12-10-1 against the spread and 20-3 overall when scoring more than 69.9 points.
- Delaware has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-16-0).
- Games involving Delaware have hit the over 18 times out of 32 chances this season.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens score 10.7 more points per game (73.8) than the Wildcats allow their opponents to score (63.1).
- When it scores more than 63.1 points, Delaware is 11-12 against the spread and 18-9 overall.
Villanova vs. Delaware Over/Under Trends
- This season, 18 of Villanova’s 35 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- This season, 22 games Delaware played finished with a combined score over 133.5 points.
- The Wildcats average 72.6 points per game against the Fightin’ Blue Hens’ 73.8, totaling 12.9 points over the matchup’s point total of 133.5.
- This game’s point total is 0.5 fewer points than the 133 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Wildcats have seen a 135.9 over/under in their games this season, 2.4 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 8.5 points separates the average total points bet in Fightin’ Blue Hens’ games (142.0 points) and this contest’s over/under (133.5 points).
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 15.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.3 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (98-for-232)
- Justin Moore: 15 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (70-for-202)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.4 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 25 3PT% (23-for-92)
- Eric Dixon: 9.1 PTS, 50 FG%, 48.1 3PT% (13-for-27)
- Brandon Slater: 9.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.5 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (30-for-88)
Delaware Team Leaders
- Jameer Nelson Jr.: 13.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 45.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (55-for-149)
- Kevin Anderson: 10.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.9 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (48-for-145)
- Dylan Painter: 11.9 PTS, 55.1 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (8-for-21)
- Andrew Carr: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 55.5 FG%, 39 3PT% (16-for-41)
- Ryan Allen: 11.8 PTS, 40 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (62-for-182)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.