The 12th-seeded New Mexico State Aggies (27-6) take the court in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 5 seed UConn Huskies (23-9) on Thursday at KeyBank Center. The matchup tips off at 6:50 PM. New Mexico State is a 7-point underdog in the game. Here’s what you need to know before filling out your brackets for this 5-12 matchup in the West Regional Region.
UConn vs. New Mexico State Predictions
UConn vs. New Mexico State Betting Odds
UConn vs. New Mexico State Last 10 Games
- UConn is 2-6-1 against the spread and 6-4 overall during its past 10 matchups.
- UConn’s past 10 games saw three hit the over.
- The past 10 Huskies games averaged 5.1 more points (137.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Huskies have a points-per-game average 7.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- New Mexico State is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 New Mexico State games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The last 10 Aggies games averaged 138.8 total points, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Aggies have a 72.0 points-per-game average, 0.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
UConn vs. New Mexico State Betting Trends
- UConn has put together a 13-18-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7-point favorites or more, the Huskies have an ATS record of 6-10.
- This season, UConn’s games have hit the over 19 times out of 33 chances.
- The Huskies score 75.2 points per game, 12.1 more points than the 63.1 the Aggies allow.
- UConn has a 12-10-1 record against the spread and a 20-3 record overall when putting up more than 63.1 points.
- New Mexico State has covered the spread in a game 16 times this season (16-12-0).
- The Aggies are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Games involving New Mexico State have hit the over 15 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Aggies put up an average of 71.2 points per game, six more points than the 65.2 the Huskies allow to opponents.
- New Mexico State has put together an 11-9 ATS record and a 20-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.2 points.
UConn vs. New Mexico State Over/Under Trends
- UConn and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 132.5 points 22 times this season.
- There have been 16 New Mexico State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 132.5 points this season.
- The Huskies average 75.2 points per game against the Aggies’ 71.2, amounting to 13.9 points over the contest’s total of 132.5.
- This game’s over/under is 4.2 fewer points than the 128.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Huskies have seen a 138.0 over/under in their games this season, 5.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 6.0 points separates the average total points bet in Aggies’ games (138.5 points) and this matchup’s over/under (132.5 points).
UConn Team Leaders
- R.J. Cole: 15.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.3 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (57-for-168)
- Adama Sanogo: 14.9 PTS, 8.9 REB, 2 BLK, 50.6 FG%
- Tyrese Martin: 13.7 PTS, 7.6 REB, 45.2 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (41-for-96)
- Andre Jackson: 6.8 PTS, 7 REB, 1.2 STL, 42.2 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (22-for-60)
- Isaiah Whaley: 7.6 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (15-for-51)
New Mexico State Team Leaders
- Teddy Allen: 19.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.2 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (68-for-210)
- Jabari Rice: 12.2 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 34 3PT% (53-for-156)
- Johnny McCants: 8.5 PTS, 1.8 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 23 3PT% (17-for-74)
- William McNair: 6.7 PTS, 55.2 FG%, 23.5 3PT% (4-for-17)
- Mike Peake: 4.3 PTS, 51 FG%, 37 3PT% (17-for-46)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.