A first-round NCAA Tournament matchup will see the 4-seed UCLA Bruins (26-7) play as a 14-point favorite against the No. 13 seed Akron Zips (24-9) on Thursday at Moda Center. The contest tips off at 9:50 PM. Here’s a look into this 4-13 matchup before filling out your brackets.
UCLA vs. Akron Predictions
UCLA vs. Akron Betting Odds
UCLA vs. Akron Last 10 Games
- UCLA covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 UCLA games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Bruins games averaged 8.2 more points (136.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Bruins have scored 0.6 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Akron is 9-1 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Akron’s past 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 5.7 more points (133.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Zips’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 70.5, 0.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
UCLA vs. Akron Betting Trends
- UCLA has covered the spread 17 times over 32 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 14-point favorites or more, the Bruins have an ATS record of 3-3-1.
- This season, UCLA’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 32 chances.
- The Bruins score 74.1 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 62.8 the Zips give up.
- UCLA has a 15-12-1 record against the spread and a 22-6 record overall when putting up more than 62.8 points.
- Akron has covered the spread 14 times this year (14-14-0).
- In games they have played as 14-point underdogs or more, the Zips have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Akron have hit the over 14 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Zips score an average of 71.2 points per game, 8.4 more points than the 62.8 the Bruins allow.
- When it scores more than 62.8 points, Akron is 11-7 against the spread and 18-5 overall.
UCLA vs. Akron Over/Under Trends
- UCLA and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total (128 points) 25 times this season.
- This season, 19 games Akron played finished with a combined score over 128 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 128 is 17.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bruins (74.1 points per game) and the Zips (71.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 125.6 points per game, 2.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bruins have seen a 139.4 average over/under in their games this season, 11.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.9 points separates the average total points bet in Zips’ games (135.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (128 points).
UCLA Team Leaders
- Jaime Jaquez Jr.: 14 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.5 FG%, 29 3PT% (20-for-69)
- Jules Bernard: 12.8 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (49-for-150)
- Tyger Campbell: 11.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.4 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (47-for-113)
- Johnny Juzang: 16 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (42-for-116)
- Myles Johnson: 3.8 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 62 FG%
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 13.2 PTS, 10.8 REB, 1.2 BLK, 66.1 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.5 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (73-for-194)
- Ali Ali: 14.2 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (47-for-114)
- Greg Tribble: 7.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.3 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (6-for-26)
- Mikal Dawson: 6 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (49-for-134)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.