The No. 6 seed Texas Longhorns (21-11) and the No. 11 seed Virginia Tech Hokies (23-12) will meet on Friday at 4:30 PM in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Texas is a 1-point favorite in the matchup. Here’s everything you need to know ahead of this 6-11 matchup in the East Regional Region bracket.
Texas vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Texas vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Texas vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- Texas is 4-6 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Texas games has gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Longhorns games averaged 5.4 more points (129.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Longhorns have scored 0.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia Tech is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Virginia Tech games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The Hokies’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 133.6 points scored. That’s 9.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Hokies have scored 0.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 70.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Texas vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Texas is 13-19-0 against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns have an ATS record of 11-13 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Games involving Texas have hit the over 14 times this season.
- The Longhorns record 68.3 points per game, six more points than the 62.3 the Hokies allow.
- Texas has a 13-10 record against the spread and a 17-6 record overall when scoring more than 62.3 points.
- Virginia Tech is 18-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hokies have an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- This year, Virginia Tech’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 34 chances.
- The Hokies score an average of 70.7 points per game, 11.1 more points than the 59.6 the Longhorns allow to opponents.
- Virginia Tech has put together a 15-10 ATS record and a 19-7 overall record in games it scores more than 59.6 points.
Texas vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- This season, 17 of Texas’ 32 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 124.5 points.
- In Virginia Tech’s 34 games this season, 21 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s over/under of 124.5.
- The point total for the matchup of 124.5 is 14.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Longhorns (68.3 points per game) and the Hokies (70.7 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 121.9 points per game, 2.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Longhorns have seen a 130.6 average over/under in their games this season, 6.1 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 8.7 points separates the average total points bet in Hokies’ games (133.2 points) and this contest’s over/under (124.5 points).
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 12.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.9 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (4-for-15)
- Marcus Carr: 10.9 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (40-for-126)
- Andrew Jones: 10.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (49-for-161)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.5 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (47-for-132)
- Christian Bishop: 6.8 PTS, 59.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.8 PTS, 53.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.6 FG%, 34 3PT% (16-for-47)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.2 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (82-for-196)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 9.8 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (62-for-166)
- Storm Murphy: 8.1 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (53-for-147)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.