The Texas Southern Tigers (18-12) and the Texas A&M-CC Islanders (23-11) meet in the First Four with a place in the NCAA Tournament Round of 64 bracket at stake on Tuesday at UD Arena, starting at 6:40 PM. Texas Southern is a 3-point favorite in the game.
Texas Southern vs. Texas A&M-CC Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-3||136 points|
Texas Southern vs. Texas A&M-CC Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Tigers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.1 points scored. That’s 2.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 3.7 points higher than their season-long average.
- Texas A&M-CC is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Texas A&M-CC and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Islanders games averaged 11.9 more points (147.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Islanders are scoring 74 points per game compared to their 76.9 season average.
Texas Southern vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has covered the spread in a game 15 times this season (15-13-1).
- In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Tigers have gone 8-8-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Texas Southern have hit the over 13 times this season.
- The Tigers average 69.2 points per game, only 0.7 fewer points than the 69.9 the Islanders allow.
- When Texas Southern scores more than 69.9 points, it is 6-5 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Texas A&M-CC has registered a 19-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Islanders are 9-1 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Texas A&M-CC’s games have gone over the total 17 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Islanders’ 76.9 points per game are 11.4 more points than the 65.5 the Tigers give up.
- Texas A&M-CC has put together a 10-8 ATS record and a 14-9 overall record in games it scores more than 65.5 points.
Texas Southern vs. Texas A&M-CC Over/Under Trends
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (136 points) 15 times this season.
- A total of 22 of Texas A&M-CC’s games finished with a combined score higher than 136 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 136 is 10.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (69.2 points per game) and the Islanders (76.9 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 0.6 fewer points than the 135.4 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, Tigers games are on par with the over/under of 136 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 9.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Islanders’ games this season (145.4 points).
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Brison Gresham: 7.4 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 68 FG%
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.1 PTS, 57.1 FG%
- John Walker III: 9.7 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 41 3PT% (16-for-39)
- PJ Henry: 8.6 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (30-for-83)
- Bryson Etienne: 8.5 PTS, 34.2 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (35-for-115)
Texas A&M-CC Team Leaders
- Isaac Mushila: 13.5 PTS, 9.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.5 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (8-for-28)
- Terrion Murdix: 9.8 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.1 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (10-for-26)
- De’Lazarus Keys: 7.8 PTS, 49.4 FG%
- Trey Tennyson: 11.8 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (71-for-194)
- Simeon Fryer: 8.4 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 37 3PT% (50-for-135)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.