The No. 3 seed in the South Regional Region bracket, the Tennessee Volunteers (26-7), and the No. 14 seed Longwood Lancers (26-6) square off in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, beginning at 2:45 PM. Tennessee is a 17-point favorite in the contest.
Tennessee vs. Longwood Predictions
Tennessee vs. Longwood Betting Odds
Tennessee vs. Longwood Last 10 Games
- Tennessee has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Tennessee and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Volunteers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 136.7 points scored. That’s 4.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Volunteers are scoring 2.9 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Longwood covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Longwood games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Lancers games averaged 4.8 more points (137.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Lancers have a 72.9 points-per-game average, 3.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
Tennessee vs. Longwood Betting Trends
- Tennessee has covered the spread 20 times this season (20-13-0).
- The Volunteers are 3-3 ATS when playing as at least 17-point favorites.
- Games involving Tennessee have hit the over 13 times this season.
- The Volunteers score 8.1 more points per game (73.2) than the Lancers allow (65.1).
- Tennessee is 15-10 against the spread and 22-3 overall when scoring more than 65.1 points.
- Longwood has covered the spread 18 times in 27 games with a set spread.
- The Lancers are winless against the spread when they are 17-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Longwood games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times out of 27 chances this year.
- The Lancers put up an average of 76.3 points per game, 13.5 more points than the 62.8 the Volunteers allow to opponents.
- Longwood has put together a 13-6 ATS record and a 21-2 overall record in games it scores more than 62.8 points.
Tennessee vs. Longwood Over/Under Trends
- Tennessee and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 132.5 points 18 times this season.
- In Longwood’s 27 games this season, 18 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 132.5.
- The over/under for the game of 132.5 is 17.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Volunteers (73.2 points per game) and the Lancers (76.3 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 127.9 points per game, 4.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Volunteers games is 137.7 points, 5.2 more than the over/under of 132.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.1 points separates the average total points bet in Lancers’ games (136.6 points) and this game’s over/under (132.5 points).
Tennessee Team Leaders
- Kennedy Chandler: 13.8 PTS, 2.1 STL, 46.3 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (45-for-121)
- Santiago Vescovi: 13.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (95-for-240)
- Josiah-Jordan James: 9.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 1.1 BLK, 38 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (53-for-160)
- Zakai Zeigler: 8.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 37.3 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (42-for-117)
- John Fulkerson: 7.3 PTS, 50.3 FG%
Longwood Team Leaders
- Isaiah Wilkins: 12.8 PTS, 1.6 STL, 47.4 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (60-for-148)
- Justin Hill: 14.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (31-for-93)
- DeShaun Wade: 12 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.9 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (73-for-163)
- Leslie Nkereuwem: 8.9 PTS, 55 FG%
- Zac Watson: 7.8 PTS, 57.4 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.