The SMU Mustangs (23-8) take on the Nicholls State Colonels (21-11) as double-digit, 15-point favorites on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 149.5 points.
SMU vs. Nicholls State Predictions
SMU vs. Nicholls State Betting Odds
SMU vs. Nicholls State Last 10 Games
- SMU has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The Mustangs and their opponents have combined to hit the over in two of those games.
- The last 10 Mustangs games averaged 140.8 total points, 8.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Mustangs’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 3.6 points lower than their season-long average.
- Nicholls State has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Nicholls State’s past 10 games saw five hit the over.
- The Colonels’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 148.2 points scored. That’s 1.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Colonels have a 76.5 points-per-game average, 2.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
SMU vs. Nicholls State Betting Trends
- SMU has registered a 16-19-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 15-point favorites or more, the Mustangs have an ATS record of 1-3.
- SMU’s games have gone over the total 17 times out of 35 chances this season.
- The Mustangs put up just three more points per game (74.4) than the Colonels give up (71.4).
- SMU has a 13-8 record against the spread and a 20-1 record overall when putting up more than 71.4 points.
- Nicholls State has compiled a 13-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 15-point underdogs or more, the Colonels have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, Nicholls State’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 28 chances.
- The Colonels put up an average of 79.1 points per game, 11.9 more points than the 67.2 the Mustangs give up.
- Nicholls State is 9-7 against the spread and 17-4 overall when it scores more than 67.2 points.
SMU vs. Nicholls State Over/Under Trends
- Five SMU games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- This season, 12 of Nicholls State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 149.5 points.
- The Mustangs average 74.4 points per game against the Colonels’ 79.1, totaling 4.0 points over the matchup’s point total of 149.5.
- The 138.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 10.9 fewer than the 149.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Mustangs games is 141.2 points, 8.3 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.8 points separates this game’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Colonels’ games (146.7 points) this season.
SMU Team Leaders
- Kendric Davis: 19.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.6 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (73-for-195)
- Marcus Weathers: 12.8 PTS, 7.5 REB, 51.4 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (21-for-59)
- Michael Weathers: 10.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 1.4 BLK, 46 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (18-for-43)
- Emmanuel Bandoumel: 10.9 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (69-for-186)
- Zach Nutall: 6.9 PTS, 35.1 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (48-for-148)
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.9 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (101-for-279)
- Devante Carter: 11.9 PTS, 2 STL, 45.4 FG%, 21 3PT% (13-for-62)
- Pierce Spencer: 9.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40.6 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (35-for-108)
- Latrell Jones: 11.8 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 32 3PT% (41-for-128)
- Ryghe Lyons: 7.5 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 51.5 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (13-for-36)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.