A first-round NCAA Tournament matchup will see the 8-seed Seton Hall Pirates (22-11) hit the court as a 0.5-point favorite against the No. 9 seed TCU Horned Frogs (20-12) on Friday at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. The matchup begins at 9:57 PM. Here’s what you need to know about this 8-9 matchup before filling out your brackets.
Seton Hall vs. TCU Predictions
Seton Hall vs. TCU Betting Odds
|Seton Hall||-0.5||129.5 points|
Seton Hall vs. TCU Last 10 Games
- Seton Hall has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Seton Hall and its opponents have hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Pirates games averaged 7.5 more points (137.0) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Pirates’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 1.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- TCU has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- TCU and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Horned Frogs’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 134.9 points scored. That’s 5.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Horned Frogs’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 66.9, 1.2 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Seton Hall vs. TCU Betting Trends
- Seton Hall is 14-16-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 0.5-point favorites or more, the Pirates have an ATS record of 9-13.
- This season, 10 of Seton Hall’s games have gone over the point total out of 30 chances.
- The Pirates record 68.5 points per game, only 3.5 more points than the 65 the Horned Frogs allow.
- Seton Hall has an 11-9 record against the spread and a 17-5 record overall when putting up more than 65 points.
- TCU has put together a record of 19-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Horned Frogs have an ATS record of 11-6 when playing as at least 0.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving TCU have hit the over 16 times out of 33 chances this year.
- The Horned Frogs score an average of 68.1 points per game, 5.7 more points than the 62.4 the Pirates give up.
- When it scores more than 62.4 points, TCU is 13-9 against the spread and 16-7 overall.
Seton Hall vs. TCU Over/Under Trends
- Seton Hall and its opponents have combined to exceed Friday’s total of 129.5 points 20 times this season.
- This season, 24 of TCU’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 129.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 136.6 points per game, 7.1 points more than the point total of 129.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 127.4 points per game, 2.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Pirates have seen a 139.7 average over/under in their games this season, 10.2 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Horned Frogs’ games have a total points bet of 134.3 points this season, 4.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Seton Hall Team Leaders
- Jared Rhoden: 15.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.2 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (38-for-112)
- Kadary Richmond: 9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40.1 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (19-for-55)
- Alexis Yetna: 8.4 PTS, 7.8 REB, 40.7 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (18-for-78)
- Myles Cale: 9.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.2 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (30-for-86)
- Tyrese Samuel: 7.4 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 20.7 3PT% (6-for-29)
TCU Team Leaders
- Mike Miles: 15 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.2 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (41-for-139)
- Emanuel Miller: 10.3 PTS, 49.1 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (11-for-43)
- Damion Baugh: 10.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43 FG%, 26.6 3PT% (25-for-94)
- Charles O’Bannon Jr.: 9.2 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (41-for-123)
- Eddie Lampkin Jr.: 6.5 PTS, 59.9 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.