The No. 8 San Diego State Aztecs (23-8) and the No. 9 Creighton Bluejays (23-11) will meet on Thursday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. San Diego State is favored by 2.5 points in the opening round matchup, which begins at 7:27 PM. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 8-9 matchup.
San Diego State vs. Creighton Predictions
San Diego State vs. Creighton Betting Odds
|San Diego State||-2.5||120.5 points|
San Diego State vs. Creighton Last 10 Games
- San Diego State is 7-3 overall and 6-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Diego State’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Aztecs games averaged 123.3 total points, 2.8 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Aztecs have a points-per-game average 2.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Creighton covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Creighton’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Bluejays games averaged 137.2 total points, 16.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Bluejays have a 67.9 points-per-game average, 0.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
San Diego State vs. Creighton Betting Trends
- San Diego State has gone 17-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Aztecs have gone 12-10 against the spread.
- San Diego State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 32 chances this season.
- The Aztecs put up 65.3 points per game, just 1.3 more points than the 64 the Bluejays allow.
- San Diego State has a 10-8 record against the spread and an 18-0 record overall when putting up more than 64 points.
- Creighton is 16-14-2 against the spread this season.
- The Bluejays are 9-4 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Creighton’s games have hit the over 13 times.
- The Bluejays put up 9.4 more points per game (67.1) than the Aztecs allow (57.7).
- When it scores more than 57.7 points, Creighton is 14-7-2 against the spread and 18-5 overall.
San Diego State vs. Creighton Over/Under Trends
- San Diego State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (120.5 points) 19 times this season.
- This season, 26 games Creighton played finished with a combined score over 120.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 132.4 points per game, 11.9 points more than the point total of 120.5 for this contest.
- The 121.7 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 1.2 more than the 120.5 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Aztecs games is 127.6 points, 7.1 more than the over/under of 120.5 points for this contest.
- Bluejays’ games have a total points bet of 137.9 points this season, 17.4 points more than the over/under for this contest.
San Diego State Team Leaders
- Matt Bradley: 17 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.3 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (57-for-137)
- Nathan Mensah: 7.3 PTS, 7.1 REB, 2.2 BLK, 48.4 FG%
- Trey Pulliam: 8.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.3 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (19-for-61)
- Keshad Johnson: 7.2 PTS, 55.2 FG%, 19.4 3PT% (6-for-31)
- Lamont Butler: 7.5 PTS, 1.8 STL, 39 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (22-for-68)
Creighton Team Leaders
- Ryan Kalkbrenner: 13 PTS, 7.6 REB, 2.7 BLK, 64.6 FG%, 25 3PT% (3-for-12)
- Ryan Hawkins: 13.9 PTS, 7.8 REB, 44.1 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (75-for-209)
- Alex O’Connell: 11.5 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (62-for-191)
- Ryan Nembhard: 11.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.4 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (33-for-106)
- Arthur Kaluma: 9.9 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (22-for-86)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.