The No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers (27-7) and the No. 14 Yale Bulldogs (19-11) are set to meet in their first-round matchup in the NCAA Tournament on Friday, tipping off at 2:00 PM. Purdue is a 16-point favorite in this game. Here’s everything you need to know about this East Regional Region matchup as you fill out your brackets.
Purdue vs. Yale Predictions
Purdue vs. Yale Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Yale Last 10 Games
- Purdue is 1-7-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall over its past 10 games.
- Purdue’s past 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The last 10 Boilermakers games averaged 141.9 total points, 0.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have a points-per-game average 8.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Yale covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Yale games have surpassed the set total three times.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 143.3 total points, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Bulldogs have scored 2.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Purdue vs. Yale Betting Trends
- Purdue has covered the spread 14 times in 36 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 16 points or more so far this season, the Boilermakers have gone 4-4 against the spread.
- This season, 19 of Purdue’s games have gone over the point total out of 36 chances.
- The Boilermakers record 11 more points per game (79.8) than the Bulldogs give up (68.8).
- Purdue is 12-10-2 against the spread and 24-1 overall when scoring more than 68.8 points.
- Yale is 13-15-0 against the spread this year.
- Games involving Yale have hit the over 13 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs average only 3.5 more points per game (72.3) than the Boilermakers allow their opponents to score (68.8).
- Yale has put together a 7-6 ATS record and a 13-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
Purdue vs. Yale Over/Under Trends
- This season, 20 of Purdue’s 36 games have gone over Friday’s total of 142.5 points.
- This season, 14 of Yale’s games have ended with a score higher than 142.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 152.1 points per game, 9.6 points more than the total of 142.5 for this contest.
- This game’s point total is 4.9 fewer points than the 137.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Boilermakers have seen a 144.5 over/under in their games this season, 2.0 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Bulldogs’ games have a total points bet of 143.0 points this season, 0.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Jaden Ivey: 17.4 PTS, 46.3 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (58-for-163)
- Zach Edey: 14.6 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.2 BLK, 65.2 FG%
- Trevion Williams: 11.7 PTS, 7.4 REB, 54.3 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (5-for-13)
- Sasha Stefanovic: 10.7 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 39 3PT% (82-for-210)
- Mason Gillis: 6.5 PTS, 50.8 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (36-for-82)
Yale Team Leaders
- Azar Swain: 19.2 PTS, 42 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (68-for-195)
- Jalen Gabbidon: 11.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 48.5 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (32-for-104)
- Matt Knowling: 7.1 PTS, 62.4 FG%
- Matthue Cotton: 7.3 PTS, 34.2 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (43-for-135)
- Isaiah Kelly: 6.2 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.