The No. 13 South Dakota State Jackrabbits (30-4) are 2-point underdogs to move on to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they square off against the No. 4 Providence Friars (25-5) on Thursday. Here are some insights into this 4-13 matchup in the Midwest Regional Region bracket that begins at 12:40 PM.
Providence vs. South Dakota State Predictions
Providence vs. South Dakota State Betting Odds
Providence vs. South Dakota State Last 10 Games
- Providence is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 Providence games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Friars games averaged 134.8 total points, 13.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Friars have scored 3.8 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- South Dakota State is 10-0 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 South Dakota State games have surpassed the set total three times.
- The Jackrabbits’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 156.2 points scored. That’s 7.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Jackrabbits have scored 2.2 fewer points per contest compared to their 86.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Providence vs. South Dakota State Betting Trends
- Providence has put together a record of 17-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Friars are 9-10 ATS when playing as at least 2-point favorites.
- Providence games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Friars put up 71.8 points per game, only 1.6 fewer points than the 73.4 the Jackrabbits allow.
- When Providence puts up more than 73.4 points, it is 7-4 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- South Dakota State has registered a 16-13-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Jackrabbits have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 2-point underdogs.
- This year, South Dakota State’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 30 chances.
- The Jackrabbits put up an average of 86.7 points per game, 19.7 more points than the 67 the Friars allow.
- South Dakota State has put together a 15-11 ATS record and a 27-3 overall record in games it scores more than 67 points.
Providence vs. South Dakota State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Providence’s 31 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 148.5 points.
- A total of 20 of South Dakota State’s games ended with a combined score over 148.5 points this season.
- The total for the game of 148.5 is 10.0 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Friars (71.8 points per game) and the Jackrabbits (86.7 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 8.1 fewer points than the 140.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Friars games is 13.4 points fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 8.8 points separates the average total points bet in Jackrabbits’ games (157.3 points) and this matchup’s over/under (148.5 points).
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 9.6 PTS, 8.3 REB, 45 FG%, 40 3PT% (54-for-135)
- Nate Watson: 13.8 PTS, 55.8 FG%
- Jared Bynum: 12.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.6 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (40-for-96)
- Al Durham: 13.4 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 22 3PT% (22-for-100)
- Justin Minaya: 6.4 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (30-for-94)
South Dakota State Team Leaders
- Baylor Scheierman: 16.2 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.4 STL, 51.2 FG%, 47.3 3PT% (80-for-169)
- Doug Wilson: 16.5 PTS, 57.4 FG%, 40 3PT% (2-for-5)
- Zeke Mayo: 9.6 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (53-for-127)
- Alex Arians: 7.9 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 50 3PT% (35-for-70)
- Charlie Easley: 8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.7 FG%, 50.5 3PT% (48-for-95)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.