The No. 8 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (24-9) are a 3-point favorite in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 9 seed Marquette Golden Eagles (19-12) on Thursday at Dickies Arena. The matchup tips off at 4:30 PM. Here are insights into this East Regional Region 8-9 matchup to help you fill out your bracket.
North Carolina vs. Marquette Predictions
North Carolina vs. Marquette Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-3||151.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Marquette Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 7-3 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- North Carolina’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Tar Heels games averaged 6.2 fewer points (145.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Tar Heels are scoring 1.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Marquette is 5-5 overall and 4-4-2 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Marquette’s past 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The Golden Eagles’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 143.0 points scored. That’s 8.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Golden Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 75.8, 1.4 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
North Carolina vs. Marquette Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-15-1).
- In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Tar Heels are 13-7 against the spread.
- Games involving North Carolina have hit the over 19 times out of 32 chances this season.
- The Tar Heels record 6.6 more points per game (77.5) than the Golden Eagles allow (70.9).
- North Carolina has a 13-7-1 record against the spread and a 19-4 record overall when scoring more than 70.9 points.
- Marquette is 16-12-2 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles are 7-4 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This season, Marquette’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 30 chances.
- The Golden Eagles average just 2.7 more points per game (74.4) than the Tar Heels give up to opponents (71.7).
- Marquette is 11-8-1 against the spread and 15-5 overall when it scores more than 71.7 points.
North Carolina vs. Marquette Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 151.5 points 16 times.
- A total of 11 of Marquette’s games ended with a combined score over 151.5 points this season.
- The Tar Heels average 77.5 points per game against the Golden Eagles’ 74.4, totaling 0.4 points over the contest’s over/under of 151.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 142.6 points per game, 8.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Tar Heels games is 4.0 points fewer than the over/under of 151.5 points in this contest.
- Golden Eagles games have an over/under of 143.0 points this season, 8.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.5 PTS, 12.4 REB, 1.7 BLK, 59.8 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36.9 FG%, 37 3PT% (74-for-200)
- Brady Manek: 14.4 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (76-for-197)
- RJ Davis: 13.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (57-for-148)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 5 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (15-for-42)
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 17.1 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.1 STL, 45.1 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (56-for-159)
- Darryl Morsell: 13.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (43-for-121)
- Tyler Kolek: 6.8 PTS, 5.7 AST, 1.4 STL, 32.3 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (35-for-124)
- Kur Kuath: 5.6 PTS, 2.5 BLK, 71.8 FG%
- Oso Ighodaro: 5.5 PTS, 70 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.