The No. 7 seed Michigan State Spartans (22-12) are a 1-point favorite in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 10 seed Davidson Wildcats (27-6) on Friday at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The contest tips off at 9:40 PM. Here are insights into this West Regional Region 7-10 matchup to help you fill out your bracket.
Michigan State vs. Davidson Predictions
Michigan State vs. Davidson Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-1||140.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Davidson Last 10 Games
- Michigan State is 4-6 overall and 4-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Spartans games averaged 0.3 more points (140.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Spartans have a points-per-game average 3.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Davidson covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Davidson’s last 10 outings saw four hit the over.
- The Wildcats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 134.7 points scored. That’s 5.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Wildcats’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 72.5, 3.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Michigan State vs. Davidson Betting Trends
- Michigan State has gone 17-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have an ATS record of 11-10 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- This season, 19 of Michigan State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 72.1 points per game the Spartans put up are 6.3 more points than the Wildcats allow (65.8).
- Michigan State has a 13-8 record against the spread and a 17-4 record overall when putting up more than 65.8 points.
- Davidson has covered the spread 20 times in 32 games with a set spread.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 5-2 when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- This year, 19 of Davidson’s games have gone over the point total out of 32 chances.
- The Wildcats’ 75.6 points per game are 7.2 more points than the 68.4 the Spartans allow to opponents.
- Davidson is 15-8 against the spread and 23-1 overall when it scores more than 68.4 points.
Michigan State vs. Davidson Over/Under Trends
- This season, Michigan State games have gone over this matchup’s 140.5-point total 18 times.
- A total of 14 of Davidson’s games finished with a combined score higher than 140.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 147.7 points per game, 7.2 points more than the point total of 140.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 134.2 points per game, 6.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Spartans have seen a 139.3 average over/under in their games this season, 1.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Wildcats games have an over/under of 137.2 points this season, 3.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.2 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 54.1 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (15-for-37)
- Gabe Brown: 11.4 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (66-for-177)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (7-for-30)
- Malik Hall: 9.4 PTS, 52.9 FG%, 44.6 3PT% (29-for-65)
- Tyson Walker: 8.1 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 49.3 3PT% (33-for-67)
Davidson Team Leaders
- Luka Brajkovic: 14.2 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.1 BLK, 57.6 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (35-for-86)
- Hyunjung Lee: 16 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (77-for-204)
- Foster Loyer: 16.3 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 44.5 3PT% (73-for-164)
- Mike Jones: 11.9 PTS, 46 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (68-for-160)
- Sam Mennenga: 8.2 PTS, 52 FG%, 44 3PT% (11-for-25)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.