The No. 9 seed Memphis Tigers (21-10) are favored (-2.5) to knock off the No. 8 seed Boise State Broncos (27-7) in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday at Moda Center. The contest begins at 1:45 PM. Here are some insights about this West Regional Region contest for those filling out their brackets.
Memphis vs. Boise State Predictions
Memphis vs. Boise State Betting Odds
Memphis vs. Boise State Last 10 Games
- Memphis has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Memphis and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 139.5 total points, 8.0 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Tigers are scoring 2.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Boise State covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Boise State games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Broncos games averaged 3.0 fewer points (128.5) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Broncos’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 66.6, 2.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Memphis vs. Boise State Betting Trends
- Memphis is 16-15-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Tigers are 12-12-1 against the spread.
- Memphis games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 33 chances this season.
- The Tigers record 14.6 more points per game (75.4) than the Broncos allow (60.8).
- Memphis is 13-12-1 against the spread and 19-7 overall when scoring more than 60.8 points.
- Boise State has compiled a 17-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Broncos are 5-1-1 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Boise State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times this year.
- The Broncos put up an average of 68.7 points per game, only 0.3 more points than the 68.4 the Tigers give up.
- Boise State has put together a 7-6 ATS record and a 13-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.4 points.
Memphis vs. Boise State Over/Under Trends
- Memphis and its opponents have combined to go over Thursday’s total of 131.5 points 26 times this season.
- There have been 15 Boise State games that have ended with a combined score higher than 131.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 144.1 points per game, 12.6 points more than the total of 131.5 for this contest.
- The 129.2 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.3 fewer than the 131.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Tigers have seen a 142.8 average over/under in their games this season, 11.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 0.7 points separates this matchup’s over/under (131.5 points) and the average total points bet in Broncos’ games (130.8 points) this season.
Memphis Team Leaders
- Jalen Duren: 12.2 PTS, 8.1 REB, 2.2 BLK, 62.6 FG%
- DeAndre Williams: 10.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 55.2 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (9-for-26)
- Lester Quinones: 10.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.5 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (52-for-135)
- Landers Nolley II: 9.9 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (35-for-104)
- Josh Minott: 6.8 PTS, 51.6 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (2-for-13)
Boise State Team Leaders
- Abu Kigab: 14.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.6 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (29-for-98)
- Marcus Shaver Jr.: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.6 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Mladen Armus: 7.2 PTS, 7.9 REB, 49.3 FG%
- Tyson Degenhart: 9.9 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (43-for-103)
- Emmanuel Akot: 10.7 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (54-for-136)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.