The 11th-seeded Iowa State Cyclones (20-12) will attempt to pull off a first-round NCAA Tournament upset against the No. 6 seed LSU Tigers (22-11) on Friday at Fiserv Forum. The matchup tips off at 7:20 PM. Iowa State is a 4-point underdog in the game. Here’s what you need to know before filling out your brackets for this 6-11 matchup in the Midwest Regional Region.
LSU vs. Iowa State Predictions
LSU vs. Iowa State Betting Odds
LSU vs. Iowa State Last 10 Games
- LSU covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- LSU and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 140.7 total points, 15.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Tigers have scored 1.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Iowa State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Iowa State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Cyclones’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 129.4 points scored. That’s 4.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Cyclones have scored 4.0 fewer points per contest compared to their 66.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
LSU vs. Iowa State Betting Trends
- LSU has covered the spread 19 times this season (19-14-0).
- In games they have played as 4-point favorites or more, the Tigers have an ATS record of 12-9.
- Games involving LSU have hit the over 14 times this season.
- The 73.1 points per game the Tigers score are 10.1 more points than the Cyclones give up (63).
- LSU has a 19-9 record against the spread and a 21-7 record overall when putting up more than 63 points.
- Iowa State has registered a 17-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 4 points or more, the Cyclones are 8-3 against the spread.
- Iowa State’s games have gone over the total 15 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Cyclones put up only three more points per game (66.5) than the Tigers give up to opponents (63.5).
- Iowa State is 14-6 against the spread and 16-4 overall when it scores more than 63.5 points.
LSU vs. Iowa State Over/Under Trends
- LSU and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (125 points) 27 times this season.
- There have been 21 Iowa State games that have finished with a combined score over 125 points this season.
- The Tigers average 73.1 points per game against the Cyclones’ 66.5, totaling 14.6 points over the game’s total of 125.
- The 126.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 1.5 more than the 125 over/under in this contest.
- The Tigers have seen a 140.9 average over/under in their games this season, 15.9 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.7 points separates the average total points bet in Cyclones’ games (132.7 points) and this game’s over/under (125 points).
LSU Team Leaders
- Tari Eason: 16.9 PTS, 2 STL, 1.2 BLK, 52 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (27-for-76)
- Darius Days: 13.7 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.5 STL, 43.4 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (67-for-191)
- Eric Gaines: 9.3 PTS, 2.1 STL, 39.7 FG%, 25.3 3PT% (20-for-79)
- Xavier Pinson: 10.1 PTS, 1.9 STL, 36.8 FG%, 24.5 3PT% (24-for-98)
- Brandon Murray: 10.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.7 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (39-for-115)
Iowa State Team Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington: 17.2 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 46 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (32-for-85)
- Tyrese Hunter: 10.8 PTS, 1.9 STL, 38.9 FG%, 24.8 3PT% (29-for-117)
- Gabe Kalscheur: 9.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 35.7 FG%, 24 3PT% (37-for-154)
- Aljaz Kunc: 6.2 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (35-for-88)
- Caleb Grill: 6.5 PTS, 41 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (53-for-144)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.