The No. 7 Ohio State Buckeyes (19-11) are 1.5-point underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they play the No. 10 Loyola Chicago Ramblers (25-7) on Friday. Here are some insights into this 7-10 matchup in the South Regional Region bracket that tips off at 12:15 PM.
Loyola Chicago vs. Ohio State Predictions
Loyola Chicago vs. Ohio State Betting Odds
|Loyola Chicago||-1.5||132.5 points|
Loyola Chicago vs. Ohio State Last 10 Games
- Loyola Chicago is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 Loyola Chicago games has gone over the set total four times.
- The past 10 Ramblers games averaged 132.5 points, which equals this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Ramblers have scored 0.7 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Ohio State is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Ohio State and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Buckeyes games averaged 140.8 total points, 8.3 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Buckeyes have scored 2.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 73.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Loyola Chicago vs. Ohio State Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago has covered the spread 13 times in 30 games with a set spread.
- The Ramblers have an ATS record of 12-15-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Loyola Chicago’s games have hit the over 17 times out of 30 chances.
- The 73.8 points per game the Ramblers score are 5.3 more points than the Buckeyes give up (68.5).
- When Loyola Chicago totals more than 68.5 points, it is 8-10 against the spread and 17-3 overall.
- Ohio State has covered the spread in a game 15 times this season (15-15-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 1.5 points or more so far this season, the Buckeyes went 5-2 against the spread.
- Ohio State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times this season.
- The Buckeyes put up an average of 73.8 points per game, 12.1 more points than the 61.7 the Ramblers allow.
- Ohio State is 14-10 against the spread and 18-8 overall when it scores more than 61.7 points.
Loyola Chicago vs. Ohio State Over/Under Trends
- Loyola Chicago and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 132.5 points 17 times this season.
- A total of 23 of Ohio State’s games ended with a combined score over 132.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 147.6 points per game, 15.1 points more than the over/under of 132.5 for this game.
- The 130.2 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.3 fewer than the 132.5 total in this contest.
- The Ramblers have seen a 135.2 average over/under in their games this season, 2.7 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Buckeyes’ games have a total points bet of 139.0 points this season, 6.5 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Loyola Chicago Team Leaders
- Lucas Williamson: 14 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.1 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (72-for-182)
- Braden Norris: 10.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.3 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (64-for-147)
- Aher Uguak: 9.1 PTS, 51 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (24-for-71)
- Chris Knight: 7.7 PTS, 63.2 FG%
- Ryan Schwieger: 9.2 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (46-for-117)
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 19.6 PTS, 7.9 REB, 2.5 BLK, 49.2 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (44-for-117)
- Malaki Branham: 13.3 PTS, 49 FG%, 42 3PT% (34-for-81)
- Jamari Wheeler: 7.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.8 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (37-for-93)
- Zed Key: 8.1 PTS, 57.4 FG%
- Kyle Young: 8.2 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.