The No. 2 Kentucky Wildcats (26-7) and the No. 15 Saint Peter’s Peacocks (19-11) will meet on Thursday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Kentucky is favored by 17 points in the opening round matchup, which begins at 7:10 PM. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 2-15 matchup.
Kentucky vs. Saint Peter’s Predictions
Kentucky vs. Saint Peter’s Betting Odds
Kentucky vs. Saint Peter’s Last 10 Games
- Kentucky covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Kentucky games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Wildcats games averaged 10.8 more points (142.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Wildcats’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 5.0 points lower than their season-long average.
- Saint Peter’s covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Saint Peter’s games have gone over the set total three times.
- The last 10 Peacocks games averaged 127.7 total points, 3.8 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Peacocks’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 65.8, 1.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Kentucky vs. Saint Peter’s Betting Trends
- Kentucky has covered the spread 16 times in 34 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 17 points or more so far this season, the Wildcats have gone 4-6 against the spread.
- Games involving Kentucky have hit the over 17 times out of 34 chances this season.
- The Wildcats put up 79.5 points per game, 17.7 more points than the 61.8 the Peacocks give up.
- When Kentucky puts up more than 61.8 points, it is 15-15 against the spread and 25-5 overall.
- Saint Peter’s has covered the spread 20 times in 31 games with a set spread.
- Saint Peter’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 31 chances this year.
- The Peacocks average just 0.9 more points per game (66.9) than the Wildcats give up to opponents (66).
- Saint Peter’s has put together a 10-3 ATS record and a 10-4 overall record in games it scores more than 66 points.
Kentucky vs. Saint Peter’s Over/Under Trends
- A total of 29 Kentucky games this season have gone over Thursday’s total of 131.5 points.
- In Saint Peter’s 31 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 131.5.
- The Wildcats average 79.5 points per game against the Peacocks’ 66.9, amounting to 14.9 points over the matchup’s total of 131.5.
- The 127.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 3.7 fewer than the 131.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Wildcats have seen a 143.8 average over/under in their games this season, 12.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Peacocks games have an over/under of 129.9 points this season, 1.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Kentucky Team Leaders
- Oscar Tshiebwe: 17 PTS, 15.2 REB, 1.8 STL, 1.6 BLK, 60.1 FG%
- Tyty Washington Jr.: 12.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.9 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (35-for-101)
- Sahvir Wheeler: 10 PTS, 6.9 AST, 1.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 30 3PT% (15-for-50)
- Keion Brooks Jr.: 10.9 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (7-for-29)
- Kellan Grady: 11.5 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (87-for-204)
Saint Peter’s Team Leaders
- KC Ndefo: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 2.7 BLK, 47.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
- Daryl Banks III: 11 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.5 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (47-for-129)
- Fousseyni Drame: 7.2 PTS, 56.2 FG%, 37 3PT% (10-for-27)
- Hassan Drame: 5.9 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 35 3PT% (7-for-20)
- Doug Edert: 9.3 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (42-for-102)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.