The No. 5 seed Iowa Hawkeyes (26-9) and the No. 12 seed Richmond Spiders (23-12) will meet on Thursday at 3:10 PM in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Iowa is a 9-point favorite in the matchup. Here’s everything you need to know ahead of this 5-12 matchup in the Midwest Regional Region bracket.
Iowa vs. Richmond Predictions
Iowa vs. Richmond Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Richmond Last 10 Games
- Iowa covered the spread eight times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Iowa’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The Hawkeyes’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 152.0 points scored. That’s 1.0 more point than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Hawkeyes are scoring 0.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Richmond covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Richmond and its opponents have hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The Spiders’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 136.2 points scored. That’s 14.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Spiders are scoring 67.5 points per game compared to their 71.7 season average.
Iowa vs. Richmond Betting Trends
- Iowa has gone 22-13-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 9 points or more so far this season, the Hawkeyes went 10-5 against the spread.
- Games involving Iowa have hit the over 23 times this season.
- The Hawkeyes put up 15.5 more points per game (83.8) than the Spiders allow (68.3).
- Iowa has an 18-10 record against the spread and a 21-7 record overall when putting up more than 68.3 points.
- Richmond has covered the spread 17 times over 35 games with a set spread.
- Games involving Richmond have hit the over 14 times this season.
- The Spiders score an average of 71.7 points per game, only 0.4 more points than the 71.3 the Hawkeyes give up to opponents.
- Richmond is 9-5 against the spread and 11-4 overall when it scores more than 71.3 points.
Iowa vs. Richmond Over/Under Trends
- A total of 22 Iowa games this season have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 151 points.
- A total of 10 of Richmond’s games finished with a combined score over 151 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 151 is 4.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hawkeyes (83.8 points per game) and the Spiders (71.7 points per game).
- The 139.6 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 11.4 fewer than the 151 over/under in this contest.
- The Hawkeyes have seen a 150.2 average over/under in their games this season, 0.8 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 10.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (151 points) and the average total points bet in Spiders’ games (140.6 points) this season.
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.6 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.3 STL, 2 BLK, 55.5 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (66-for-163)
- Kris Murray: 9.9 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (43-for-106)
- Patrick McCaffery: 10.3 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (29-for-94)
- Jordan Bohannon: 11.1 PTS, 38.9 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (89-for-231)
- Filip Rebraca: 5.8 PTS, 53.8 FG%
Richmond Team Leaders
- Jacob Gilyard: 13.3 PTS, 5.4 AST, 3.1 STL, 39.5 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (90-for-247)
- Tyler Burton: 16.3 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.7 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (55-for-146)
- Grant Golden: 14.1 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (23-for-80)
- Nathan Cayo: 8.7 PTS, 54.2 FG%
- Matt Grace: 4.1 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (25-for-84)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.