The No. 4 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (22-9) are a 7-point favorite in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 13 seed Chattanooga Mocs (27-7) on Friday at PPG Paints Arena. The contest starts at 6:50 PM. Here are insights into this South Regional Region 4-13 matchup to help you fill out your bracket.
Illinois vs. Chattanooga Predictions
Illinois vs. Chattanooga Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Chattanooga Last 10 Games
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Illinois games has gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 4.8 more points (140.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 3.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Chattanooga has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Chattanooga’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Mocs games averaged 3.7 more points (139.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Mocs’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 72.1, 2.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Illinois vs. Chattanooga Betting Trends
- Illinois has put together a record of 12-18-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 7 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 7-9 against the spread.
- Illinois’ games have gone over the total 16 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Fighting Illini record 11.1 more points per game (75.8) than the Mocs give up (64.7).
- Illinois is 12-12 against the spread and 19-6 overall when scoring more than 64.7 points.
- Chattanooga has compiled a 17-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mocs have a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Games involving Chattanooga have hit the over 18 times out of 32 chances this year.
- The Mocs put up an average of 74.8 points per game, 7.2 more points than the 67.6 the Fighting Illini allow.
- When it scores more than 67.6 points, Chattanooga is 13-11 against the spread and 21-5 overall.
Illinois vs. Chattanooga Over/Under Trends
- A total of 19 Illinois games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 135.5 points.
- There have been 20 Chattanooga games that have finished with a combined score higher than 135.5 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 135.5 is 15.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Fighting Illini (75.8 points per game) and the Mocs (74.8 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 3.2 fewer points than the 132.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Fighting Illini games is 141.4 points, 5.9 more than the over/under of 135.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.3 points separates the average total points bet in Mocs’ games (138.8 points) and this matchup’s over/under (135.5 points).
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 21.1 PTS, 10.6 REB, 59.8 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.8 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (62-for-181)
- Alfonso Plummer: 14.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (93-for-225)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.3 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 41 3PT% (55-for-134)
- Da’Monte Williams: 4.1 PTS, 30.9 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (26-for-77)
Chattanooga Team Leaders
- Malachi Smith: 20.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 50.5 FG%, 41.5 3PT% (59-for-142)
- David Jean-Baptiste: 14.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.8 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (89-for-238)
- Darius Banks: 8.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.3 FG%, 31 3PT% (22-for-71)
- Silvio De Sousa: 11.1 PTS, 7 REB, 1.1 BLK, 57.4 FG%, 26.3 3PT% (5-for-19)
- A.J. Caldwell: 5 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (39-for-115)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.