The No. 5 seed Houston Cougars (29-6) are a 9-point favorite in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament against the No. 12 seed UAB Blazers (27-7) on Friday at PPG Paints Arena. The contest begins at 9:20 PM. Here are insights into this South Regional Region 5-12 matchup to help you fill out your bracket.
Houston vs. UAB Predictions
Houston vs. UAB Betting Odds
Houston vs. UAB Last 10 Games
- Houston covered the spread eight times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Houston’s last 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The past 10 Cougars games averaged 1.9 fewer points (134.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Cougars have scored 0.7 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UAB is 10-0 overall and 4-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- UAB’s past 10 games saw seven hit the over.
- The Blazers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.9 points scored. That’s 2.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Blazers have scored 0.1 more points per contest compared to their 80.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Houston vs. UAB Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread in a matchup 22 times this season (22-12-0).
- In games they were favored in by 9 points or more so far this season, the Cougars went 15-8 against the spread.
- This season, 15 of Houston’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cougars average 73.7 points per game, 7.4 more points than the 66.3 the Blazers allow.
- Houston is 18-7 against the spread and 23-2 overall when scoring more than 66.3 points.
- UAB has put together an 18-14-1 record against the spread this year.
- UAB games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 22 times this season.
- The Blazers score an average of 80.7 points per game, 23.4 more points than the 57.3 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- UAB is 15-12-1 against the spread and 24-6 overall when it scores more than 57.3 points.
Houston vs. UAB Over/Under Trends
- Houston and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total (136.5 points) 11 times this season.
- A total of 24 of UAB’s games finished with a combined score higher than 136.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 136.5 is 17.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (73.7 points per game) and the Blazers (80.7 points per game).
- This game’s total is 12.9 fewer points than the 123.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Cougars have seen a 133.5 average over/under in their games this season, 3.0 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Blazers’ games this season (141.0 points).
Houston Team Leaders
- Kyler Edwards: 13.6 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (83-for-257)
- Fabian White Jr.: 13.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.5 BLK, 50.7 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (47-for-118)
- Jamal Shead: 9.4 PTS, 6 AST, 1.6 STL, 40.5 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (31-for-105)
- Josh Carlton: 12 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 62.5 FG%
- Taze Moore: 10.3 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44.8 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (41-for-125)
UAB Team Leaders
- Jordan Walker: 20.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 40.3 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (115-for-283)
- Quan Jackson: 12 PTS, 2.4 STL, 48.5 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (13-for-54)
- KJ Buffen: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.8 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (4-for-13)
- Trey Jemison: 7 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.6 BLK, 62.3 FG%
- Michael Ertel: 10.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.9 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (63-for-160)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.