The No. 16 Georgia State Panthers (18-10) are 23.5-point underdogs to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament when they square off against the top-seeded Gonzaga Bulldogs (26-3) on Thursday. Here are some insights into this 1-16 matchup in the West Regional Region bracket that tips off at 4:15 PM.
Gonzaga vs. Georgia State Predictions
Gonzaga vs. Georgia State Betting Odds
Gonzaga vs. Georgia State Last 10 Games
- Gonzaga is 9-1 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Gonzaga games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The Bulldogs’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 153.5 points scored. That’s 6.0 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 5.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Georgia State is 9-1 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Georgia State’s last 10 outings saw three go over the total.
- The Panthers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.0 points scored. That’s 11.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Panthers have scored 2.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 70.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Gonzaga vs. Georgia State Betting Trends
- Gonzaga has registered a 16-12-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 23.5 points or more so far this season, the Bulldogs went 6-8 against the spread.
- This season, Gonzaga’s games have hit the over 12 times.
- The Bulldogs score 87.8 points per game, 23 more points than the 64.8 the Panthers allow.
- Gonzaga has a 15-8-1 record against the spread and a 23-2 record overall when scoring more than 64.8 points.
- Georgia State has put together a record of 10-12-0 against the spread this year.
- This year, Georgia State’s games have hit the over seven times out of 22 chances.
- The Panthers put up 5.3 more points per game (70.6) than the Bulldogs allow their opponents to score (65.3).
- Georgia State has put together a 6-5 ATS record and an 11-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.3 points.
Gonzaga vs. Georgia State Over/Under Trends
- Gonzaga and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (147.5 points) 16 times this season.
- There have been four Georgia State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 147.5 points this season.
- The Bulldogs average 87.8 points per game against the Panthers’ 70.6, amounting to 10.9 points over the matchup’s over/under of 147.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 130.1 points per game, 17.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs have seen a 153.3 average over/under in their games this season, 5.8 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Panthers games have an over/under of 140.0 points this season, 7.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Gonzaga Team Leaders
- Chet Holmgren: 14.2 PTS, 9.6 REB, 3.4 BLK, 61 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (40-for-97)
- Drew Timme: 17.5 PTS, 58.8 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Andrew Nembhard: 11.7 PTS, 5.7 AST, 1.6 STL, 46.1 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (42-for-115)
- Julian Strawther: 12.3 PTS, 51.8 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (53-for-134)
- Anton Watson: 7.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 55.9 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (5-for-21)
Georgia State Team Leaders
- Kane Williams: 12.5 PTS, 1.9 STL, 37.4 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (23-for-83)
- Corey Allen: 14.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 37.2 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (65-for-183)
- Jalen Thomas: 7.7 PTS, 1.7 BLK, 46.4 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (2-for-7)
- Justin Roberts: 11.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 38.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (47-for-129)
- Eliel Nsoseme: 9.4 PTS, 9.7 REB, 1.5 BLK, 55.1 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.