The BYU Cougars (22-10) are heavily favored (by 11 points) to extend a three-game home win streak when they host the Long Beach State Beach (20-12) on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 149.5. Go here for the latest March Madness odds.
BYU vs. Long Beach State Predictions
BYU vs. Long Beach State Betting Odds
BYU vs. Long Beach State Last 10 Games
- BYU has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 BYU games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 144.3 total points, 5.2 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cougars have scored 0.5 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Long Beach State covered the spread eight times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Long Beach State games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The Beach’s past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.7 points scored. That’s 8.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Beach have a 74.0 points-per-game average, 0.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
BYU vs. Long Beach State Betting Trends
- BYU has put together a 12-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 11 points or more so far this season, the Cougars have gone 3-8 against the spread.
- BYU games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Cougars record 73.7 points per game, only 1.3 more points than the 72.4 the Beach allow.
- BYU is 7-10 against the spread and 15-3 overall when scoring more than 72.4 points.
- Long Beach State has covered the spread 20 times over 31 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 11-point underdogs or more, the Beach have an ATS record of 3-3.
- Long Beach State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times out of 31 chances this season.
- The Beach’s 73.9 points per game are six more points than the 67.9 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- Long Beach State has put together a 15-4 ATS record and a 17-6 overall record in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
BYU vs. Long Beach State Over/Under Trends
- This season, nine of BYU’s 28 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 149.5 points.
- In Long Beach State’s 31 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s total of 149.5.
- The Cougars average 73.7 points per game against the Beach’s 73.9, amounting to 1.9 points under the matchup’s over/under of 149.5.
- This matchup’s point total is 9.2 fewer points than the 140.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Cougars have seen a 141.6 average over/under in their games this season, 7.9 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 6.6 points separates this matchup’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Beach’s games (142.9 points) this season.
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 17.2 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (82-for-187)
- Fousseyni Traore: 9.5 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.2 BLK, 57.8 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.6 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)
- Gideon George: 8 PTS, 41 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (36-for-110)
- Caleb Lohner: 6.5 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 17 3PT% (9-for-53)
Long Beach State Team Leaders
- Joel Murray: 16.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.6 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (26-for-68)
- Aboubacar Traore: 8.3 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.3 BLK, 61.5 FG%
- Colin Slater: 14.4 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (69-for-174)
- Jadon Jones: 10.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.5 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (65-for-172)
- Jordan Roberts: 8.7 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (10-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.