An opening-round NCAA Tournament matchup will see the 16th-seeded Norfolk State Spartans (24-6) take the court as 20.5-point underdogs against the No. 1 seed Baylor Bears (26-6) on Thursday at Dickies Arena. The contest tips off at 2:00 PM. Here’s what you need to know when filling out your brackets for this 1-16 matchup.
Baylor vs. Norfolk State Predictions
Baylor vs. Norfolk State Betting Odds
Baylor vs. Norfolk State Last 10 Games
- Baylor has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Baylor’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Bears games averaged 137.4 total points, 0.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Bears have a points-per-game average 5.0 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Norfolk State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Norfolk State games have gone over the set total four times.
- The Spartans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 139.9 points scored. That’s 1.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Spartans have a 74.1 points-per-game average, 1.0 point below their season-long scoring average.
Baylor vs. Norfolk State Betting Trends
- Baylor has covered the spread 17 times this season (17-15-0).
- In games they have played as 20.5-point favorites or more, the Bears have an ATS record of 4-2.
- This season, Baylor’s games have hit the over 18 times.
- The 76.5 points per game the Bears average are 12.8 more points than the Spartans give up (63.7).
- Baylor has a 15-11 record against the spread and a 25-2 record overall when putting up more than 63.7 points.
- Norfolk State is 19-9-0 against the spread this year.
- This season, 11 of Norfolk State’s games have gone over the point total out of 29 chances.
- The Spartans put up an average of 75.1 points per game, 11.5 more points than the 63.6 the Bears give up.
- Norfolk State is 14-4 against the spread and 20-2 overall when it scores more than 63.6 points.
Baylor vs. Norfolk State Over/Under Trends
- Baylor and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 138 points 20 times this season.
- This season, 11 of Norfolk State’s games have ended with a score higher than 138 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 151.6 points per game, 13.6 points more than the point total of 138 for this matchup.
- This game’s total is 10.7 fewer points than the 127.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Bears have seen a 138.6 average over/under in their games this season, 0.6 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Spartans’ games have a total points bet of 141.6 points this season, 3.6 points more than the over/under for this game.
Baylor Team Leaders
- James Akinjo: 13.4 PTS, 5.7 AST, 2.1 STL, 38.9 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (38-for-127)
- Kendall Brown: 10 PTS, 59.5 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (14-for-36)
- Matthew Mayer: 9.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.9 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (38-for-124)
- Adam Flagler: 13.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.8 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (70-for-178)
- Jeremy Sochan: 8.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.9 FG%, 29.2 3PT% (21-for-72)
Norfolk State Team Leaders
- Joe Bryant Jr.: 16.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.6 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (55-for-160)
- Kris Bankston: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 71.4 FG%
- Jalen Hawkins: 13.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.1 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (39-for-109)
- Dana Tate: 9.9 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 44 3PT% (37-for-84)
- Tyrese: 6.6 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (31-for-98)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.