The No. 2 Auburn Tigers (27-5) and the No. 15 Jacksonville State Gamecocks (21-10) are set to meet in their opening-round matchup in the NCAA Tournament on Friday, tipping off at 12:40 PM. Auburn is a 16-point favorite in this matchup. Here’s everything you need to know about this Midwest Regional Region matchup as you fill out your brackets.
Auburn vs. Jacksonville State Predictions
Auburn vs. Jacksonville State Betting Odds
Auburn vs. Jacksonville State Last 10 Games
- Auburn covered the spread twice in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Auburn and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 143.8 total points, 5.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Tigers have scored 4.2 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Jacksonville State covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Jacksonville State games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Gamecocks games averaged 0.1 fewer points (138.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Gamecocks have a 72.4 points-per-game average, 1.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
Auburn vs. Jacksonville State Betting Trends
- Auburn is 19-12-1 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 2-2 ATS when playing as at least 16-point favorites.
- Auburn’s games have gone over the total 17 times this season.
- The Tigers record 11.9 more points per game (78.7) than the Gamecocks give up (66.8).
- Auburn is 18-7-1 against the spread and 24-2 overall when scoring more than 66.8 points.
- Jacksonville State has covered the spread 17 times in 27 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 16-point underdogs or more, the Gamecocks have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, 13 of Jacksonville State’s games have gone over the point total out of 27 chances.
- The Gamecocks put up 6.9 more points per game (73.9) than the Tigers give up to opponents (67).
- Jacksonville State has put together an 11-3 ATS record and a 16-2 overall record in games it scores more than 67 points.
Auburn vs. Jacksonville State Over/Under Trends
- Auburn and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (138.5 points) 21 times this season.
- In Jacksonville State’s 27 games this season, 12 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s total of 138.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 152.6 points per game, 14.1 points more than the point total of 138.5 for this game.
- The 133.8 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 4.7 fewer than the 138.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Tigers games is 144.8 points, 6.3 more than the over/under of 138.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.9 points separates this contest’s over/under (138.5 points) and the average total points bet in Gamecocks’ games (137.6 points) this season.
Auburn Team Leaders
- Walker Kessler: 11.7 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 4.5 BLK, 62.5 FG%, 20.4 3PT% (10-for-49)
- Jabari Smith: 17.1 PTS, 7 REB, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 43 3PT% (74-for-172)
- Wendell Green Jr.: 12.1 PTS, 5 AST, 1.6 STL, 36.4 FG%, 32 3PT% (57-for-178)
- K.D. Johnson: 12.3 PTS, 2 STL, 38.5 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (42-for-143)
- Devan Cambridge: 5.4 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 22.9 3PT% (19-for-83)
Jacksonville State Team Leaders
- Darian Adams: 15.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.8 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (66-for-176)
- Jalen Finch: 9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (23-for-62)
- Kayne Henry: 9.6 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (31-for-92)
- Brandon Huffman: 8.8 PTS, 65.7 FG%
- Jalen Gibbs: 9.7 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (63-for-170)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.