The No. 2 seed Texas Southern Tigers (17-12, 13-5 SWAC) are 3-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 1 seed Alcorn State Braves (17-15, 14-4 SWAC) in the SWAC Tournament Saturday at Bartow Arena, tipping off at 6:00 PM.
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-3||130.5 points|
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 134.8 total points, 4.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is two points higher than their season-long average.
- Alcorn State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Alcorn State’s past 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Braves games averaged 3.8 more points (134.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Braves’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 71.3, 4.5 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Betting Trends
- Texas Southern is 16-13-1 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 9-8-1 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- This season, 12 of Texas Southern’s games have gone over the point total out of 30 chances.
- The Tigers record 68.6 points per game, only 1.9 fewer points than the 70.5 the Braves give up.
- Texas Southern is 5-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall when scoring more than 70.5 points.
- Alcorn State has compiled a 20-11-2 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3 points or more so far this year, the Braves went 13-3 against the spread.
- This year, 17 of Alcorn State’s games have gone over the point total out of 33 chances.
- The Braves’ 66.8 points per game are just 1.2 more points than the 65.6 the Tigers allow.
- When it scores more than 65.6 points, Alcorn State is 11-6 against the spread and 12-5 overall.
Texas Southern vs. Alcorn State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 130.5 points 15 times.
- This season, 23 of Alcorn State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 130.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 130.5 is 4.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tigers (68.6 points per game) and the Braves (66.8 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 5.6 fewer points than the 136.1 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Tigers games is 136.6 points, 6.1 more than the over/under of 130.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Braves’ games this season (135.2 points).
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Brison Gresham: 7.3 PTS, 2.1 BLK, 67.2 FG%
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9 PTS, 57.1 FG%
- John Walker III: 9.4 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (15-for-38)
- PJ Henry: 8.3 PTS, 41 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (29-for-82)
- Bryson Etienne: 8.5 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (35-for-112)
Alcorn State Team Leaders
- Justin Thomas: 10.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 47.9 FG%, 25.9 3PT% (7-for-27)
- Lenell Henry: 8.3 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (23-for-54)
- Dominic Brewton: 8.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.4 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (14-for-47)
- Darius Agnew: 9.1 PTS, 49.7 FG%
- Byron Joshua: 6.8 PTS, 35.1 FG%, 22.9 3PT% (19-for-83)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.