The No. 1 seed Norfolk State Spartans (23-6, 12-2 MEAC) and the No. 7 seed Coppin State Eagles (9-22, 6-8 MEAC) meet in the MEAC Tournament Saturday at Norfolk Scope, beginning at 1:00 PM. Norfolk State is favored by 7 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Predictions
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Betting Odds
|Norfolk State||-7||136.5 points|
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Last 10 Games
- Norfolk State covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Norfolk State’s past 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The Spartans’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 140.4 points scored. That’s 3.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Spartans have a points-per-game average 1.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Coppin State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Coppin State games have gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged 8.1 more points (144.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Eagles are scoring 67.2 points per game compared to their 67.3 season average.
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Betting Trends
- Norfolk State has covered the spread 18 times over 29 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 7 points or more, the Spartans are 4-5-1 against the spread.
- Norfolk State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The 75.2 points per game the Spartans average are just 0.4 more points than the Eagles allow (74.8).
- When Norfolk State totals more than 74.8 points, it is 9-0-1 against the spread and 13-0 overall.
- Coppin State has covered the spread 18 times in 31 games with a set spread.
- The Eagles are 10-5-1 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, 14 of Coppin State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Eagles’ 67.3 points per game are only 3.3 more points than the 64 the Spartans allow.
- Coppin State is 12-4-1 against the spread and 6-11 overall when it scores more than 64 points.
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Over/Under Trends
- Norfolk State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 136.5 points 12 times this season.
- A total of 21 of Coppin State’s games ended with a combined score over 136.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 136.5 is six points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (75.2 points per game) and the Eagles (67.3 points per game).
- The 138.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.3 more than the 136.5 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Spartans games is 141.3 points, 4.8 more than the over/under of 136.5 points for this contest.
- Eagles’ games have a total points bet of 146.2 points this season, 9.7 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Norfolk State Team Leaders
- Joe Bryant Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.4 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (50-for-151)
- Kris Bankston: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 72.1 FG%
- Jalen Hawkins: 13.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.8 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (37-for-105)
- Dana Tate: 9.8 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (35-for-80)
- Tyrese: 6.8 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 33 3PT% (31-for-94)
Coppin State Team Leaders
- Nendah Tarke: 13.2 PTS, 3 STL, 39.7 FG%, 28.5 3PT% (35-for-123)
- Tyree Corbett: 13 PTS, 8.8 REB, 46.8 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (13-for-54)
- Kyle Cardaci: 7.8 PTS, 1.5 STL, 31.7 FG%, 31 3PT% (63-for-203)
- Jesse Zarzuela: 14.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.4 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (43-for-136)
- Mike Hood: 7.7 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 31 3PT% (36-for-116)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.