The No. 2 seed Kent State Golden Flashes (23-9, 16-4 MAC) are favored by 2.5 points in their MAC Tournament matchup against the No. 4 seed Akron Zips (23-9, 14-6 MAC) on Saturday at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, starting at 7:30 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Kent State vs. Akron Predictions
Kent State vs. Akron Betting Odds
|Kent State||-2.5||124.5 points|
Kent State vs. Akron Last 10 Games
- Kent State is 10-0 overall and 8-1-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Kent State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Golden Flashes’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 139.8 points scored. That’s 15.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Golden Flashes are scoring 2.5 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Akron is 8-2 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Akron games have exceeded the set total three times.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 11.2 more points (135.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Zips have a 70 points-per-game average, 1.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
Kent State vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Kent State has covered the spread in a matchup 17 times this season (17-11-2).
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Golden Flashes are 8-6-2 against the spread.
- Kent State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Golden Flashes record 8.4 more points per game (71.5) than the Zips allow (63.1).
- Kent State is 14-5-1 against the spread and 19-3 overall when scoring more than 63.1 points.
- Akron has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-14-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Zips have an ATS record of 6-1.
- This season, Akron’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 31 chances.
- The Zips put up an average of 71.1 points per game, 6.8 more points than the 64.3 the Golden Flashes allow.
- Akron has put together a 14-4 ATS record and an 18-2 overall record in games it scores more than 64.3 points.
Kent State vs. Akron Over/Under Trends
- This season, 23 of Kent State’s 30 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 124.5 points.
- In Akron’s 31 games this season, 20 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 124.5.
- The Golden Flashes average 71.5 points per game against the Zips’ 71.1, totaling 18.1 points over the matchup’s point total of 124.5.
- The 127.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.9 more than the 124.5 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Golden Flashes games is 138.8 points, 14.3 more than the over/under of 124.5 points for this contest.
- Zips’ games have a total points bet of 136.5 points this season, 12 points more than the over/under for this game.
Kent State Team Leaders
- Sincere Carry: 18.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.9 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (75-for-212)
- Malique Jacobs: 12.5 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.5 STL, 40.5 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (20-for-70)
- Justyn Hamilton: 8.4 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 53.8 FG%
- Giovanni Santiago: 8.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.4 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (51-for-145)
- Tervell Beck: 6.8 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (29-for-79)
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.9 PTS, 10.9 REB, 1.2 BLK, 65.6 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.4 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (72-for-190)
- Ali Ali: 14.2 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (43-for-109)
- Greg Tribble: 7.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46 FG%, 21.7 3PT% (5-for-23)
- Mikal Dawson: 6.1 PTS, 39 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (48-for-133)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.