The No. 3 seed UConn Huskies (23-8, 13-6 Big East) are 2.5-point underdogs in their Big East Tournament matchup against the No. 2 seed Villanova Wildcats (24-7, 16-4 Big East) on Friday at Madison Square Garden, starting at 9:00 PM. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Villanova vs. UConn Predictions
Villanova vs. UConn Betting Odds
Villanova vs. UConn Last 10 Games
- Villanova is 9-1 overall and 3-5-2 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Villanova games has exceeded the set total eight times.
- The Wildcats’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 136.5 points scored. That’s five more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Wildcats have a points-per-game average 2.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
- UConn is 2-7-1 against the spread and 6-4 overall over its last 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 UConn games have gone over the set total five times.
- The Huskies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 139.8 points scored. That’s 8.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Huskies have a 72.1 points-per-game average, 3.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Villanova vs. UConn Betting Trends
- Villanova has covered the spread in a game 14 times this season (14-14-2).
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Wildcats went 12-11-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Villanova have hit the over 16 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Wildcats put up 73.5 points per game, 8.3 more points than the 65.2 the Huskies give up.
- Villanova has a 13-10-2 record against the spread and a 22-4 record overall when putting up more than 65.2 points.
- UConn has covered the spread 11 times in 29 games with a set spread.
- The Huskies have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 17 of UConn’s games have gone over the point total out of 29 chances.
- The Huskies’ 75.7 points per game are 12 more points than the 63.7 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 63.7 points, UConn is 11-10-1 against the spread and 20-3 overall.
Villanova vs. UConn Over/Under Trends
- This season, 18 of Villanova’s 30 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 131.5 points.
- There have been 21 UConn games that have ended with a combined score higher than 131.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 149.2 points per game, 17.7 points more than the point total of 131.5 for this matchup.
- The 128.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.6 fewer than the 131.5 total in this contest.
- The Wildcats have seen a 137.1 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Huskies’ games have a total points bet of 139.2 points this season, 7.7 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Villanova Team Leaders
- Collin Gillespie: 16.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.7 FG%, 42.8 3PT% (95-for-222)
- Justin Moore: 15.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.3 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (67-for-189)
- Jermaine Samuels: 10.2 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 25 3PT% (20-for-80)
- Eric Dixon: 9.4 PTS, 49.5 FG%, 48 3PT% (12-for-25)
- Brandon Slater: 9.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
UConn Team Leaders
- R.J. Cole: 15.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.4 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (56-for-162)
- Adama Sanogo: 14.9 PTS, 8.7 REB, 2 BLK, 51.1 FG%
- Tyrese Martin: 13.5 PTS, 7.6 REB, 45.5 FG%, 42 3PT% (37-for-88)
- Andre Jackson: 6.7 PTS, 7 REB, 1.1 STL, 42.4 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (20-for-55)
- Isaiah Whaley: 7.9 PTS, 2.1 BLK, 51.7 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (15-for-51)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.