The No. 3 seed VCU Rams (21-8, 14-4 A-10) are favored by 3.5 points in their A-10 Tournament matchup against the No. 6 seed Richmond Spiders (20-12, 10-8 A-10) on Friday at Capital One Arena, tipping off at 8:30 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
VCU vs. Richmond Predictions
VCU vs. Richmond Betting Odds
VCU vs. Richmond Last 10 Games
- VCU is 9-1 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- VCU and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The Rams’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 130.1 points scored. That’s 0.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Rams’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 5.1 points higher than their season-long average.
- Richmond is 2-7-1 against the spread over its last 10 games, and has a 6-4 straight-up record in those contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Richmond games have gone over the set total three times.
- The Spiders’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 138.1 points scored. That’s 7.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Spiders have scored 3.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 72 PPG season-long scoring average.
VCU vs. Richmond Betting Trends
- VCU has covered the spread 18 times this season (18-11-0).
- The Rams have an ATS record of 9-7 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- This season, 14 of VCU’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 66.1 points per game the Rams put up are the same as the Spiders give up.
- VCU is 10-2 against the spread and 12-0 overall when scoring more than 68.8 points.
- Richmond has covered the spread in a matchup 13 times this season (13-18-1).
- The Spiders are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Richmond games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this season.
- The Spiders put up 11.2 more points per game (72) than the Rams allow their opponents to score (60.8).
- When it scores more than 60.8 points, Richmond is 12-14-1 against the spread and 18-9 overall.
VCU vs. Richmond Over/Under Trends
- This season, VCU games have gone over this game’s 130.5-point over/under 13 times.
- A total of 24 of Richmond’s games ended with a combined score higher than 130.5 points this season.
- The Rams average 66.1 points per game against the Spiders’ 72, totaling 7.6 points over the game’s point total of 130.5.
- The 129.6 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.9 fewer than the 130.5 total in this contest.
- The Rams have seen a 128.9 average over/under in their games this season, 1.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Spiders’ games have a total points bet of 141.4 points this season, 10.9 points more than the over/under for this contest.
VCU Team Leaders
- Vince Williams: 13.3 PTS, 1.6 STL, 1.1 BLK, 47 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (55-for-145)
- Adrian Baldwin Jr.: 11.1 PTS, 5.5 AST, 2.9 STL, 42.3 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (27-for-64)
- KeShawn Curry: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 49.2 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (13-for-47)
- Jayden Nunn: 8.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 38.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Hason Ward: 6.4 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 53.9 FG%
Richmond Team Leaders
- Jacob Gilyard: 12.3 PTS, 5.6 AST, 3.1 STL, 38.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (78-for-220)
- Tyler Burton: 16.4 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.1 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (53-for-139)
- Grant Golden: 14.5 PTS, 52.4 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (23-for-78)
- Nathan Cayo: 8.8 PTS, 55.9 FG%
- Matt Grace: 3.9 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (23-for-76)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.