The No. 1 seed Toledo Rockets (26-6, 17-3 MAC) are 5.5-point favorites in the MAC Tournament when they face off against the No. 4 seed Akron Zips (22-9, 14-6 MAC) on Friday at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, beginning at 5:00 PM. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Toledo vs. Akron Predictions
Toledo vs. Akron Betting Odds
Toledo vs. Akron Last 10 Games
- Toledo covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Toledo’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The Rockets’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 152.1 points scored. That’s 13.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Rockets have a points-per-game average 1.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Akron covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Akron’s last 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged four fewer points (134.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Zips have scored 1.1 fewer points per contest compared to their 71.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Toledo vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Toledo is 21-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Rockets have an ATS record of 10-5 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Toledo have hit the over 13 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Rockets average 18.2 more points per game (81.3) than the Zips allow (63.1).
- Toledo is 21-5 against the spread and 25-3 overall when scoring more than 63.1 points.
- Akron is 15-14-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Zips have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, Akron’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 30 chances.
- The Zips’ 71.1 points per game are only 2.7 more points than the 68.4 the Rockets give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 68.4 points, Akron is 10-4 against the spread and 15-1 overall.
Toledo vs. Akron Over/Under Trends
- This season, Toledo and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s over/under of 138.5 points 23 times.
- A total of 11 of Akron’s games finished with a combined score higher than 138.5 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 138.5 is 13.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Rockets (81.3 points per game) and the Zips (71.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s total is seven fewer points than the 131.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Rockets have seen a 148.9 average over/under in their games this season, 10.4 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Zips games have an over/under of 136.4 points this season, 2.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Toledo Team Leaders
- Ryan Rollins: 19 PTS, 1.8 STL, 48 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (45-for-139)
- JT Shumate: 15.6 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 57.1 FG%, 50.4 3PT% (65-for-129)
- Setric Millner Jr.: 15.1 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (48-for-125)
- Rayj Dennis: 12.8 PTS, 50.6 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Ra’Heim Moss: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.2 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (20-for-63)
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.9 PTS, 10.9 REB, 1.3 BLK, 64.7 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13 PTS, 40 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (67-for-179)
- Ali Ali: 14.2 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (43-for-107)
- Greg Tribble: 7.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.1 FG%, 22.7 3PT% (5-for-22)
- Mikal Dawson: 6 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (45-for-127)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.