The No. 2 seed Texas Southern Tigers (16-12, 13-5 SWAC) are favored by 7 points in the SWAC Tournament when they face off the No. 6 seed Grambling Tigers (12-19, 8-9 SWAC) Friday at Bartow Arena, tipping off at 3:00 PM. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Texas Southern vs. Grambling Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Grambling Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-7||134 points|
Texas Southern vs. Grambling Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern is 8-2 overall and 3-6-1 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 Texas Southern games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Texas Southern Tigers games averaged 134 total points, the same as this matchup’s point total.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 0.8 points higher than their season-long average.
- Grambling is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Grambling’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The last 10 Grambling Tigers games averaged 137.5 total points, 3.5 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Grambling Tigers have scored 0.3 more points per contest compared to their 65.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Texas Southern vs. Grambling Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has registered a 14-13-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 7 points or more, the Texas Southern Tigers are 4-5 against the spread.
- This season, Texas Southern’s games have hit the over 12 times.
- The 68.5 points per game the Texas Southern Tigers record are the same as the Grambling Tigers allow.
- Texas Southern is 5-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall when scoring more than 71 points.
- Grambling has put together a 13-17-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 7-point underdogs or more, the Grambling Tigers have an ATS record of 4-6.
- Grambling games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Tigers’ 65.7 points per game are only 0.3 fewer points than the 66 the Texas Southern Tigers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 66 points, Grambling is 7-4 against the spread and 9-4 overall.
Texas Southern vs. Grambling Over/Under Trends
- Texas Southern and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 134 points 14 times this season.
- A total of 18 of Grambling’s games ended with a combined score higher than 134 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 134 is 0.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Texas Southern Tigers (68.5 points per game) and the Grambling Tigers (65.7 points per game).
- The 137 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are three more than the 134 total in this contest.
- The Texas Southern Tigers have seen a 136.8 average over/under in their games this season, 2.8 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 3.6 points separates the average total points bet in Tigers’ games (137.6 points) and this contest’s over/under (134 points).
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Brison Gresham: 7.2 PTS, 7 REB, 2.2 BLK, 66.4 FG%
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.3 PTS, 57.9 FG%
- John Walker III: 9.4 PTS, 46 FG%, 40 3PT% (14-for-35)
- PJ Henry: 8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.7 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (26-for-75)
- Bryson Etienne: 8.4 PTS, 34.6 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (33-for-105)
Grambling Team Leaders
- Tra’Michael Moton: 10.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 37.9 FG%, 27.4 3PT% (20-for-73)
- Cameron Christon: 13.3 PTS, 43 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (52-for-128)
- Shawndarius Cowart: 7.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.3 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (15-for-39)
- Prince Moss: 7.9 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (20-for-67)
- A.J. Taylor: 7.9 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.