The No. 3 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (24-8, 15-5 ACC) and the No. 7 seed Virginia Tech Hokies (21-12, 11-9 ACC) play in the ACC Tournament Friday at Barclays Center, beginning at 9:30 PM. North Carolina is favored by 2.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-2.5||140 points|
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 8-2 overall and 7-2-1 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final score of the past 10 North Carolina games has gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 Tar Heels games averaged 144.6 total points, 4.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Tar Heels have a points-per-game average 1.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia Tech has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Virginia Tech’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Hokies games averaged 6.6 fewer points (133.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Hokies have a 70.7 points-per-game average, 0.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread in a game 17 times this season (17-15-1).
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Tar Heels have gone 14-9 against the spread.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over 19 times out of 33 chances.
- The Tar Heels record 78.1 points per game, 15.9 more points than the 62.2 the Hokies give up.
- When North Carolina totals more than 62.2 points, it is 15-12-1 against the spread and 22-7 overall.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in a game 18 times this year (18-15-0).
- The Hokies are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the total 16 times this season.
- The Hokies put up only 1.3 fewer points per game (70.4) than the Tar Heels give up to opponents (71.7).
- Virginia Tech has put together a 10-3 ATS record and a 12-1 overall record in games it scores more than 71.7 points.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 140 points 23 times.
- In Virginia Tech’s 33 games this season, 14 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s point total of 140.
- The Tar Heels average 78.1 points per game against the Hokies’ 70.4, amounting to 8.5 points over the game’s over/under of 140.
- This game’s total is 6.1 fewer points than the 133.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Tar Heels games is 147.5 points, 7.5 more than the over/under of 140 points for this contest.
- Hokies games have an over/under of 132.9 points this season, 7.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.4 PTS, 12.4 REB, 1.7 BLK, 58.9 FG%
- Brady Manek: 14.6 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (76-for-192)
- Caleb Love: 15.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.7 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (72-for-190)
- RJ Davis: 13.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (56-for-142)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 5.1 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (15-for-40)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.6 PTS, 53.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (23-for-70)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.1 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (74-for-184)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.1 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (60-for-161)
- Storm Murphy: 8.1 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (51-for-140)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.