The No. 1 seed Nicholls State Colonels (21-10, 11-3 Southland) are 5.5-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 4 seed Texas A&M-CC Islanders (21-11, 7-7 Southland) in the Southland Tournament Friday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, tipping off at 6:00 PM.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Predictions
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-5.5||145.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State is 9-1 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Nicholls State’s past 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The Colonels’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 149.1 points scored. That’s 3.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Colonels have a points-per-game average 0.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Texas A&M-CC has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Texas A&M-CC’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Islanders’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 147.4 points scored. That’s 1.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Islanders are scoring 74.8 points per game compared to their 77.2 season average.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has gone 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Colonels have an ATS record of 5-9.
- This season, Nicholls State’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 26 chances.
- The Colonels score 79.6 points per game, 9.3 more points than the 70.3 the Islanders give up.
- Nicholls State has a 7-6 record against the spread and a 15-3 record overall when putting up more than 70.3 points.
- Texas A&M-CC is 20-10-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Islanders have a perfect ATS record of 5-0.
- Texas A&M-CC games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times out of 30 chances this year.
- The Islanders put up 5.8 more points per game (77.2) than the Colonels allow (71.4).
- Texas A&M-CC is 12-3 against the spread and 13-5 overall when it scores more than 71.4 points.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Over/Under Trends
- This season, Nicholls State games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 145.5-point total 14 times.
- There have been 17 Texas A&M-CC games that have ended with a combined score higher than 145.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 156.8 points per game, 11.3 points more than the point total of 145.5 for this game.
- The 141.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.8 fewer than the 145.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Colonels games is 147.7 points, 2.2 more than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- Islanders games have an over/under of 145.1 points this season, 0.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 46.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (99-for-269)
- Devante Carter: 11.7 PTS, 2 STL, 45.4 FG%, 20 3PT% (12-for-60)
- Pierce Spencer: 9.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (34-for-102)
- Ryghe Lyons: 7.6 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 52.6 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (13-for-34)
- Latrell Jones: 11.5 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (39-for-120)
Texas A&M-CC Team Leaders
- Isaac Mushila: 13.7 PTS, 9.4 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Terrion Murdix: 9.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (9-for-21)
- De’Lazarus Keys: 7.9 PTS, 49.8 FG%
- Trey Tennyson: 12.4 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 37 3PT% (70-for-189)
- Simeon Fryer: 8 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (44-for-121)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.