The No. 1 seed Nicholls State Colonels (21-10, 11-3 Southland) are 5.5-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 4 seed Texas A&M-CC Islanders (21-11, 7-7 Southland) in the Southland Tournament Friday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, tipping off at 6:00 PM.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Predictions
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Odds
|Nicholls State||-5.5||145.5 points|
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Last 10 Games
- Nicholls State is 9-1 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Nicholls State’s past 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The Colonels’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 149.1 points scored. That’s 3.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Colonels have a points-per-game average 0.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Texas A&M-CC has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Texas A&M-CC’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Islanders’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 147.4 points scored. That’s 1.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Islanders are scoring 74.8 points per game compared to their 77.2 season average.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Betting Trends
- Nicholls State has gone 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Colonels have an ATS record of 5-9.
- This season, Nicholls State’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 26 chances.
- The Colonels score 79.6 points per game, 9.3 more points than the 70.3 the Islanders give up.
- Nicholls State has a 7-6 record against the spread and a 15-3 record overall when putting up more than 70.3 points.
- Texas A&M-CC is 20-10-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Islanders have a perfect ATS record of 5-0.
- Texas A&M-CC games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times out of 30 chances this year.
- The Islanders put up 5.8 more points per game (77.2) than the Colonels allow (71.4).
- Texas A&M-CC is 12-3 against the spread and 13-5 overall when it scores more than 71.4 points.
Nicholls State vs. Texas A&M-CC Over/Under Trends
- This season, Nicholls State games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 145.5-point total 14 times.
- There have been 17 Texas A&M-CC games that have ended with a combined score higher than 145.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 156.8 points per game, 11.3 points more than the point total of 145.5 for this game.
- The 141.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 3.8 fewer than the 145.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Colonels games is 147.7 points, 2.2 more than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- Islanders games have an over/under of 145.1 points this season, 0.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nicholls State Team Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon: 21.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 46.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (99-for-269)
- Devante Carter: 11.7 PTS, 2 STL, 45.4 FG%, 20 3PT% (12-for-60)
- Pierce Spencer: 9.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 41.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (34-for-102)
- Ryghe Lyons: 7.6 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 52.6 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (13-for-34)
- Latrell Jones: 11.5 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (39-for-120)
Texas A&M-CC Team Leaders
- Isaac Mushila: 13.7 PTS, 9.4 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Terrion Murdix: 9.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (9-for-21)
- De’Lazarus Keys: 7.9 PTS, 49.8 FG%
- Trey Tennyson: 12.4 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 37 3PT% (70-for-189)
- Simeon Fryer: 8 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (44-for-121)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.