The No. 5 seed Iowa Hawkeyes (23-9, 12-8 Big Ten) are 7-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 4 seed Rutgers Scarlet Knights (18-12, 12-8 Big Ten) in the Big Ten Tournament Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, starting at 2:00 PM.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Predictions
Iowa vs. Rutgers Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Rutgers Last 10 Games
- Iowa covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Iowa games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Hawkeyes’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 152.2 points scored. That’s 7.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Hawkeyes have a points-per-game average 5.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Rutgers has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Rutgers games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Scarlet Knights games averaged 136.2 total points, 8.8 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Scarlet Knights have a 63 points-per-game average, 4.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Iowa is 22-12-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7-point favorites or more, the Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 13-5.
- Iowa’s games have gone over the total 23 times out of 34 chances this season.
- The Hawkeyes score 84.2 points per game, 19 more points than the 65.2 the Scarlet Knights allow.
- Iowa is 19-10 against the spread and 22-7 overall when scoring more than 65.2 points.
- Rutgers is 4-9-1 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 7-point underdogs or more, the Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 1-2.
- This season, seven of Rutgers’ games have gone over the point total out of 14 chances.
- The Scarlet Knights average just 3.5 fewer points per game (67.7) than the Hawkeyes give up to opponents (71.2).
- Rutgers has put together a 2-2 ATS record and a 9-3 overall record in games it scores more than 71.2 points.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Iowa and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total of 145 points 27 times.
- There has been just one game featuring Rutgers this season with more combined scoring than Friday’s over/under of 145.
- The over/under for the matchup of 145 is 6.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hawkeyes (84.2 points per game) and the Scarlet Knights (67.7 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 136.4 points per game, 8.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hawkeyes games is 150.3 points, 5.3 more than the over/under of 145 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 9.7 points more than the average over/under in Scarlet Knights’ games this season (135.3 points).
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.4 PTS, 8.6 REB, 1.3 STL, 2 BLK, 55.9 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (55-for-140)
- Kris Murray: 10.2 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (40-for-98)
- Patrick McCaffery: 10.5 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (28-for-91)
- Jordan Bohannon: 11.1 PTS, 39 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (81-for-209)
- Filip Rebraca: 6.1 PTS, 54 FG%
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 15.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (63-for-158)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.7 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.3 BLK, 61.7 FG%
- Paul Mulcahy: 8.9 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.2 STL, 43.8 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (24-for-68)
- Caleb McConnell: 6.5 PTS, 2.1 STL, 37.4 FG%, 25 3PT% (13-for-52)
- Geo Baker: 12 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.1 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (45-for-142)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.