The No. 1 seed Illinois Fighting Illini (22-8, 15-5 Big Ten) are 6-point favorites in the Big Ten Tournament when they take on the No. 9 seed Indiana Hoosiers (19-12, 9-11 Big Ten) on Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, starting at 11:30 AM. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Illinois vs. Indiana Predictions
Illinois vs. Indiana Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Indiana Last 10 Games
- Illinois covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Illinois’ past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 3.9 more points (140.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 1.9 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Indiana is 4-6 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Indiana and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Hoosiers games averaged 1.7 fewer points (135.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hoosiers’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 67.4, 4.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Illinois vs. Indiana Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-16-0).
- In games this season when favored by 6 points or more, the Fighting Illini have gone 8-9 against the spread.
- Illinois games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Fighting Illini score 10.6 more points per game (76.2) than the Hoosiers allow (65.6).
- Illinois has a 13-11 record against the spread and a 19-5 record overall when putting up more than 65.6 points.
- Indiana has covered the spread in a matchup 17 times this season (17-13-0).
- The Hoosiers are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This year, Indiana’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 30 chances.
- The Hoosiers’ 71.5 points per game are just 3.8 more points than the 67.7 the Fighting Illini give up to opponents.
- Indiana has put together a 13-7 ATS record and a 16-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.7 points.
Illinois vs. Indiana Over/Under Trends
- This season, 19 of Illinois’ 29 games have gone over Friday’s total of 137 points.
- This season, 13 of Indiana’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 137 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 147.7 points per game, 10.7 points more than the total of 137 for this game.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133.3 points per game, 3.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Fighting Illini have seen a 142.1 over/under in their games this season, 5.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Hoosiers’ games this season (137.3 points).
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 21 PTS, 10.6 REB, 59.7 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.8 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (60-for-175)
- Alfonso Plummer: 15.1 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (91-for-218)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.3 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 41 3PT% (55-for-134)
- Da’Monte Williams: 4.2 PTS, 30.9 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (26-for-77)
Indiana Team Leaders
- Trayce Jackson-Davis: 17.6 PTS, 8.2 REB, 2.5 BLK, 57.8 FG%
- Race Thompson: 11.6 PTS, 7.6 REB, 55.3 FG%, 26 3PT% (13-for-50)
- Xavier Johnson: 12 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.5 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (33-for-85)
- Miller Kopp: 6.4 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (36-for-96)
- Parker Stewart: 6.7 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (52-for-128)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.