The No. 4 seed Texas A&M-CC Islanders (20-11, 7-7 Southland) are favored by 5.5 points in their Southland Tournament matchup against the No. 5 seed Houston Baptist Huskies (11-17, 6-8 Southland) on Thursday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, starting at 6:00 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Texas A&M-CC vs. Houston Baptist Predictions
Texas A&M-CC vs. Houston Baptist Betting Odds
|Texas A&M-CC||-5.5||144.5 points|
Texas A&M-CC vs. Houston Baptist Last 10 Games
- Texas A&M-CC has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Texas A&M-CC games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Islanders’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 149.1 points scored. That’s 4.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Islanders have a points-per-game average 2.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Houston Baptist has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Houston Baptist games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Huskies games averaged 147.8 total points, 3.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Huskies have an 85.9 points-per-game average, 9.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
Texas A&M-CC vs. Houston Baptist Betting Trends
- Texas A&M-CC has covered the spread 18 times over 28 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Islanders have an ATS record of 5-4.
- Texas A&M-CC games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Islanders score just 0.7 more points per game (77.3) than the Huskies give up (76.6).
- Texas A&M-CC is 9-0 against the spread and 11-1 overall when scoring more than 76.6 points.
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread 11 times over 24 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Huskies have gone 6-9 against the spread.
- Houston Baptist’s games have gone over the total 12 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Huskies put up an average of 76.1 points per game, 5.5 more points than the 70.6 the Islanders allow.
- When it scores more than 70.6 points, Houston Baptist is 8-2 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
Texas A&M-CC vs. Houston Baptist Over/Under Trends
- This season, Texas A&M-CC games have gone over this matchup’s 144.5-point over/under 19 times.
- This season, 15 games Houston Baptist played finished with a combined score over 144.5 points.
- The over/under for the contest of 144.5 is 8.9 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Islanders (77.3 points per game) and the Huskies (76.1 points per game).
- The 147.2 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 2.7 more than the 144.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Islanders have seen a 145.2 over/under in their games this season, 0.7 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Huskies’ games this season (145.9 points).
Texas A&M-CC Team Leaders
- Isaac Mushila: 14.1 PTS, 9.5 REB, 1.1 STL, 53.8 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Terrion Murdix: 9.5 PTS, 2 STL, 45.1 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (9-for-21)
- De’Lazarus Keys: 8 PTS, 50 FG%
- Trey Tennyson: 12.5 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (70-for-188)
- Simeon Fryer: 7.8 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (40-for-116)
Houston Baptist Team Leaders
- Darius Lee: 18.2 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2.4 STL, 54.5 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (14-for-52)
- Brycen Long: 10.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.9 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (59-for-150)
- Sam Hofman: 8.7 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (39-for-99)
- Khristion Courseault: 9.5 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (38-for-122)
- Zion Tordoff: 7 PTS, 57.1 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.