The No. 2 seed Notre Dame Fighting Irish (22-9, 15-5 ACC) are 1-point favorites in the ACC Tournament when they meet the No. 7 seed Virginia Tech Hokies (20-12, 11-9 ACC) on Thursday at Barclays Center, beginning at 7:00 PM. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
|Notre Dame||-1||131.5 points|
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- Notre Dame has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Notre Dame games has exceeded the set total six times.
- The last 10 Fighting Irish games averaged 138.4 total points, 6.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Fighting Irish’s per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 4.3 points higher than their season-long average.
- Virginia Tech is 8-2 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Virginia Tech games have exceeded the set total three times.
- The Hokies’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.5 points scored. That’s one more point than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Hokies have scored 1.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has covered the spread in a game 17 times this season (17-14-0).
- The Fighting Irish are 9-10 ATS when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Notre Dame games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times this season.
- The Fighting Irish average 72.3 points per game, 10.6 more points than the 61.7 the Hokies give up.
- When Notre Dame puts up more than 61.7 points, it is 17-10 against the spread and 22-5 overall.
- Virginia Tech is 16-15-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Hokies went 3-3 against the spread.
- This year, 14 of Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the point total out of 31 chances.
- The Hokies’ 69.8 points per game are just 3.6 more points than the 66.2 the Fighting Irish allow to opponents.
- Virginia Tech is 12-4 against the spread and 14-2 overall when it scores more than 66.2 points.
Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- This season, Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 131.5 points 21 times.
- This season, 14 games Virginia Tech played finished with a combined score higher than 131.5 points.
- The Fighting Irish average 72.3 points per game against the Hokies’ 69.8, amounting to 10.6 points over the contest’s over/under of 131.5.
- The 127.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.6 fewer than the 131.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Fighting Irish have seen a 137.5 over/under in their games this season, six more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Hokies’ games have a total points bet of 133 points this season, 1.5 points more than the over/under for this game.
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Paul Atkinson: 12.6 PTS, 7.1 REB, 58.1 FG%
- Blake Wesley: 14.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.5 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (54-for-168)
- Dane Goodwin: 14 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (64-for-143)
- Prentiss Hubb: 8.6 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (47-for-150)
- Nate Laszewski: 9.1 PTS, 50.8 FG%, 46.8 3PT% (51-for-109)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.5 PTS, 52.9 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (22-for-68)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.1 STL, 53.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (15-for-45)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.6 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (73-for-181)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (59-for-159)
- Storm Murphy: 7.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 36 3PT% (49-for-136)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.