The No. 3 seed North Carolina Tar Heels (23-8, 15-5 ACC) are 3.5-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 6 seed Virginia Cavaliers (19-12, 12-8 ACC) in the ACC Tournament Thursday at Barclays Center, starting at 9:30 PM.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Predictions
North Carolina vs. Virginia Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-3.5||133.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Virginia Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 8-2 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the last 10 North Carolina games has exceeded the set total eight times.
- The Tar Heels’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 148 points scored. That’s 14.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Tar Heels have scored 1.2 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Virginia is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- Virginia’s past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Cavaliers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 124 points scored. That’s 9.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Cavaliers have scored 1.1 more points per contest compared to their 63.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread in a matchup 15 times this season (15-15-1).
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Tar Heels are 12-8 against the spread.
- This season, 19 of North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tar Heels score 18.5 more points per game (78.6) than the Cavaliers give up (60.1).
- North Carolina is 15-12-1 against the spread and 22-7 overall when scoring more than 60.1 points.
- Virginia has compiled a 15-15-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Cavaliers are 3-3 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times this season.
- The Cavaliers score an average of 63.2 points per game, 9.4 fewer points than the 72.6 the Tar Heels give up.
- Virginia has put together a 4-1 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record in games it scores more than 72.6 points.
North Carolina vs. Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 133.5 points 24 times.
- This season, seven of Virginia’s games have ended with a score higher than 133.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 133.5 is 8.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (78.6 points per game) and the Cavaliers (63.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 132.7 points per game, 0.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Tar Heels have seen a 148.6 over/under in their games this season, 15.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Cavaliers games have an over/under of 124 points this season, 9.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.6 PTS, 12.4 REB, 1.7 BLK, 59.5 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.2 FG%, 38 3PT% (70-for-184)
- Brady Manek: 14.4 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (73-for-185)
- RJ Davis: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.4 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (56-for-138)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 5 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (15-for-37)
Virginia Team Leaders
- Jayden Gardner: 15.3 PTS, 50.5 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (3-for-11)
- Reece Beekman: 8.1 PTS, 5 AST, 2 STL, 44.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (20-for-60)
- Kihei Clark: 10.4 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (51-for-141)
- Kadin Shedrick: 7.2 PTS, 2.1 BLK, 64.6 FG%
- Armaan Franklin: 11.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.3 FG%, 26.6 3PT% (41-for-154)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.