The No. 3 seed New Orleans Privateers (17-12, 10-4 Southland) are favored by 5.5 points in their Southland Tournament matchup against the No. 7 seed McNeese Cowboys (11-21, 4-10 Southland) on Thursday at Leonard E. Merrell Center, beginning at 8:30 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
New Orleans vs. McNeese Predictions
New Orleans vs. McNeese Betting Odds
|New Orleans||-5.5||150.5 points|
New Orleans vs. McNeese Last 10 Games
- New Orleans has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- New Orleans’ last 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Privateers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 152.1 points scored. That’s 1.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Privateers have a points-per-game average 2.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
- McNeese has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- McNeese’s last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Cowboys’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 151.8 points scored. That’s 1.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cowboys’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 82.9, 4.7 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
New Orleans vs. McNeese Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread in a matchup 15 times this season (15-10-1).
- In games they were favored in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Privateers have gone 4-2-1 against the spread.
- This season, 15 of New Orleans’ games have gone over the point total out of 26 chances.
- The 77.6 points per game the Privateers put up are only 0.3 more points than the Cowboys give up (77.3).
- New Orleans is 11-1-1 against the spread and 13-3 overall when scoring more than 77.3 points.
- McNeese has put together a 12-13-2 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Cowboys have gone 6-5-1 against the spread.
- McNeese’s games have gone over the total 16 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Cowboys score an average of 78.2 points per game, only 4.4 more points than the 73.8 the Privateers give up.
- McNeese has put together a 3-6-1 ATS record and an 8-6 overall record in games it scores more than 73.8 points.
New Orleans vs. McNeese Over/Under Trends
- This season, 10 of New Orleans’ 26 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 150.5 points.
- In McNeese’s 28 games this season, 16 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 150.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 155.8 points per game, 5.3 points more than the total of 150.5 for this game.
- This game’s point total is 0.6 fewer points than the 151.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Privateers have seen a 150 average over/under in their games this season, 0.5 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 2.6 points separates this contest’s over/under (150.5 points) and the average total points bet in Cowboys’ games (147.9 points) this season.
New Orleans Team Leaders
- Derek St. Hilaire: 20.8 PTS, 1.8 STL, 43.9 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (55-for-164)
- Troy Green: 16.1 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.4 FG%, 21.2 3PT% (11-for-52)
- Simeon Kirkland: 8.5 PTS, 58.9 FG%
- Tyson Jackson: 9 PTS, 59.2 FG%
- Daniel Sackey: 6.6 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (21-for-61)
McNeese Team Leaders
- Christian Shumate: 12.5 PTS, 51.6 FG%, 20 3PT% (10-for-50)
- Kellon Taylor: 10.7 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (10-for-39)
- Myles Lewis: 9.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.9 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (2-for-12)
- Brendan Medley-Bacon: 9.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 55.3 FG%
- Zach Scott: 10.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40.6 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (67-for-166)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.